Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014   #1
Traceless91
Newbie Member

Traceless91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rigging clothes - headwear in particular

Hello there fellow modders,

Since I really hate the lack of headwear this game provides I decided to create my own, favorite one. Sadly, while having the skills to actually model it, I do lack the skills to bring these models ingame.

To put it clear, I don't have the slightest idea about how rigging clothing works in GTA4. I've looked up tutorials, they mostly talk about 3ds max though and I really don't have the money to afford a license for that. I'm using Blender, which sadly has no plugin available yet to achieve what I'm looking for.

Anyways, could someone be so kind to put me in the right direction? Maybe even rig it? It already fits the head model, so it's really only about the rigging itself.

Thanks
Traceless91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I believe autodesk is the only program capable of getting these things ingame, it has a special plug-in for gta files since these files can't just be used (and produced) by any program.

I'd be happy to guide you once you have it though, I've managed to convert a hat for gta 4 before. It's quite simple actually once you know how it works, the toughest thing to do is to get the size right.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote