Old 05-08-2014   #1
BokolizZ
Newbie Member

BokolizZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Semi-auto assault rifle

Hello, I am trying to create a semi-automatic assault rifle, or at least mod the m4 carbine in order to make it fire in semi-auto mode! By semi automatic I mean that holding the mouse button down will cause the weapon to fire just one bullet. Much like a pistol, only that if I can press the mouse button fast enough it will fire as if I was firing on full auto.
So in order to do it(mod the m4 carbine) I have tried editing with various stuff inside weaponinfo.xml, but unfortunately I have had no luck yet. Therefore I am here to ask for any advice from someone who might have more experience regarding the matter.

If anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated!!
BokolizZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
What you could do is change the anim group (or whatever it's called) to that of the (psg) sniper rifle so that it'll use those animations and fire one bullet at a time. It's pretty likely that it'll cause some issues with handposition amongst others, but it's worth a shot I suppose.

Other option would be to change the magazine size to 1 bullet, but I think that'll mean he reloads every time after 1 bullet so that isn't ideal either.

I think those are your only two options

Last edited by Killerfist; 05-09-2014 at 02:53 AM..
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014   #3
BokolizZ
Newbie Member

BokolizZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi! I first tried the weapon group but the problem is that with the psg anim group it is reloading after each shot, so, I tried other anim groups as well but the main problem is that if you hold down LMB it will continue to shoot even though practically being in 'semi auto'. As for the magazine size I was at first ambitious that I would be able to reduce the reload time so that it is equal to the gun's rate of fire, but it then hit me that if you keep holding down LMB after you've emptied the mag it will automatically reload and fire.
Either way I kinda lost my hard-on for a semi auto weapon so i don't feel that disappointed

It would however be interesting if there was a way to edit/add a custom weapon anim group to the game, but I am afraid that it is hardcoded..

Thank you for the answer!
BokolizZ is offline   Reply With Quote