Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2014   #1
xTRICKYxx
Newbie Member

xTRICKYxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing black circular borders at night?

I can't seem to find a fix online for this, but from 9:30pm-5:30am in game time, these black borders fill the corners of my screen creating a fish-eye effect. Looking up at the night sky causes it to fade away or playing during the day.

Each corner of the screen fills with black while it moves around creating almost a drunk tunnel vision effect. I have tried vanilla GTA IV and with a couple ENB's, but the effect stays the same.

I have also tried xliveless to disable the Windows overlay, and disabling Steam overlay as well.

Specs:
i5-4670k @ 4.6
R9 290 @ 1100/1500
16GB DDR3 @ 1866 - 10-10-10-11

Playing in Windowed mode does not fix this or changing any graphical settings. The black-circle-border also appears when inside buildings, and on Multiplayer during the night.

I downloaded the San Andreas mod for GTA IV, and that fixed the black circle bug during the night and inside buildings. However, I'm back in Liberty City and really am stumped on how to fix this....

Bypassing this by only playing during the day

Forgive me for not using screenshots, but these two photos will show my problem well. Sometimes the borders go away for a few seconds at random creating a pretty annoying pattern during the night...

Black Border:

Normal:

Last edited by xTRICKYxx; 09-13-2014 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: uploaded photos
xTRICKYxx is offline   Reply With Quote