Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014   #1
zackh123

zackh123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Constant texture loss and FPS drop on decent CPU

Hey guys,

I'm still having problems with this pack. These problems include texture loss occurring more often and FPS drop when I come close to another Police/EMS Vehicle.

I have a gaming laptop that I bought just a few months ago. Specs listed below.

Processor: 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT750M GDDR5 2GB
Memory: 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
Hard Drive: TB 5400 RPM+24GB SSD

My Resource Usage is always 302 / 2048. I cannot get it to use more memory which I feel like is needed to let the game run better.

**** Is there a command line that will make this game use more of Resource Usage that will then help my game perform better? ****

The command lines I use are...
-fullspecaudio -nomemrestrict -norestrictions
My current GTA settings are...

Video Mode: 1920x1080
Aspect Ratio: Auto
Texture Quality: LOW ***(For a brand new computer with a decent graphics card, I feel like this is too low?)
Reflection Resolution: LOW
Water Quality: LOW
Shadow Quality: OFF
Night Shadows: OFF
Texture Filter Quality: Tri-Linear

View Distance: 40
Detail Distance: 40
Vehicle Density: 25

My question is, with a brand new gaming laptop with a decent graphics card, I only can run this game on low with still getting texture loss and FPS drop when approaching other police vehicles.

**** Is there a command line that will make this game use more of Resource Usage that will then help my game perform better? ****

**** Also, is it a problem that I updated my game to 1.0.7? ****

This FPS drop is killing me. Is there anyone with a similar setup that can share their command line / what they do?
zackh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
FPS is pretty horrible on a clean install of gta4 (it's known as a crappy console-port), so with alot of added mods that'll get worse indeed. If it really bothers you try playing with mods to see how performance is.

I'd personally rather play a smoothly running , non modded, gta then having all kinds of car mods installed and have crappy performance. Not sure if it's the cars though, but weapons/player items don't really create a drop in performance.

Patch doesn't make a difference, some mods are optimised for 1.0.4. but that has nothing to do with performance
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote