Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2014   #1
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
GTA V Tilt-Shift - San Andreas Miniatures

I recently got a PVR and decided I wanted to do something with it, I remembered seeing a Tilt-shift in GTA IV and have always thought they look pretty cool and wanted to give one a try, so I did.

It's not perfect, some shots are better than others but i'm pretty pleased with it for my first attempt at a tilt-shift, let me know what you think.
Old 01-21-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Awesome, from a distance like that it almost looks real
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #3
voodoo
Highland Member
Veteran Member

voodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud ofvoodoo has much to be proud of
Cool vid man.

Intel Core i5 750 @3.6Ghz || 8GB Corsair PC310600 || Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #4
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want to be the hater here Lukey but I'm gonna do it anyways.

I think you should pick better angles and use a shallower depth of field. I don't feel the tilt-shift/miniature feeling in a single shot in your video. Sometime it's almost there but it gets destroyed because of a tree or a building that's slightly in or out of focus.

The idea is cool but the execution could be a lot better. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll nail it!
Old 01-22-2014   #5
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli View Post
I don't want to be the hater here Lukey but I'm gonna do it anyways.

I think you should pick better angles and use a shallower depth of field. I don't feel the tilt-shift/miniature feeling in a single shot in your video. Sometime it's almost there but it gets destroyed because of a tree or a building that's slightly in or out of focus.

The idea is cool but the execution could be a lot better. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll nail it!
I agree with you that better angles would have helped, and if I had a free camera then I could have done better I think, but the areas and angles I could shoot at were limited by the fact I could only shoot from places where I could airlift a van onto with a Cargobob and then get a clear view from that position (lips on roofs and railings are a pain in the ass).

I tried to mask in or out upright objects as much as I could but it's my first try so It's not perfect, I know. After spending so much time watching it over and over while editing it I can barely see the effect anymore either. I guess you need a little imagination while watching it to get the miniature feeling as it's a post-processed effect as opposed to being shot with a tilt-shifted lens, on any post-processed tilt-shift video if you look enough into it you'll stop seeing the miniature effect.

If GTA V does come to PS4 and I can record in higher quality with HDMI then I'll give this another go, and spend more time trying to get better shots beforehand, I also wanted to include audio but I had issues with the audio recording so couldn't, but hopefully can next time.
Old 01-22-2014   #6
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I like it, looks pretty cool.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote