Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2014   #1
jonesmalaco

jonesmalaco is an unknown quantity at this point
new to the game, need mod suggestions

Hi there. I got this game (on the PC). I played it on the Xbox 360 years ago, and TBH, I enjoyed the story much more than GTA V. Thing is, I'm about to get a new CPU and would like to test out some mods.

I'll probably test out graphic mods and such, but gameplay is what I care about. And if there's ONE thing that always bothered me in GTA games (way back since III, Vice and San Andreas) is how the game always spawns cars that are of the same category of the one you're currently driving (not to mention when it spawns a dozen of the EXACT same car). I guess it happens a lot (at least on the Xbox 360, it did) in San Quentin Avenue.

Is there a mod that prevents such thing from happening? I tried searching for a random car spawning mod, with no success

Any help (and other suggestions) would be appreciated. Thanks!
jonesmalaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Your best bet to keep the traffic diverse is to not install any car mods, those will drastically worsen the situation

other than that I'd recommend the 'realistic driving and flying' mod :
http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/realis...lying-27-f9020

Not only does it improve the (horrible) handling of gta 4, it also improves on the cars that spawn. Busses will appear in traffic for example, you normally wouldn't see those driving
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014   #3
jonesmalaco

Thanks for the tip Killerfist... saw the video on it, seems pretty cool. Will definetly check it out.

Yeah, it amazes me how the spawning is still like that (repetitive cars) even on GTA V.

If you got any other suggestions, feel free to shoot. Mostly anything that gives better textures, but doesn't add anything extra to the "vanilla" version of the game (like, no extra cars, weapons, and such).
Old 01-05-2014   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
If your pc can handle it I'd definitely recommend installing an icenhancer (if you go the gta4-mods.com and sort the misc section on most downloaded you'll see a couple of good ones).

If you don't want to get custom weapons I'd atleast download some gun sounds, the basic gta 4 ones aren't too great in my opinion but that's up to you ofcourse.
Old 01-06-2014   #5
jonesmalaco

Got 'em all dude, thanks a bunch! Two last things, I promise... Is there a mod to make Niko's (and consequently, Johnny and Lucas) moves more "fluid"? Like in Red Dead Redemption or GTA V? I always felt that you could move the characters more easily in the latter 2 games, like running and getting to cover is easier than in GTA IV, maybe because it is an earlier version of the RAGE engine (in GTA IV), not sure though.

Second, how did IGN got this screenshot?

I don't think it's a mod, since it's in the 360 media section... I thought you could only "require hooker services" in a car, and all the girlfriends you meet in the game get an outside animation, much like San Andreas without hot coffee.
Old 01-06-2014   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

As far as I know there isn't any way to make the walking and running more fluidly, all you can do is change the walking style to that of a certain pedestrian using the simple native trainer.

Not sure about the image, but it looks like she's dead (not sleeping) so someone either used a trainer to spawn here there and then killed her or just got her upstairs somehow. But that's just my guess, mods do exist on xbox.. it just requires steps that aren't legal or will mess up your warantee. The image could just as well be from pc, they're not always as accurate about placing images on the right section.

No worries though, if you need to know something else just ask away