Old 09-27-2013   #1
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

PzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura about
Prices and affordability

Let's just put it here because it's video game related and may be interesting. Recently I thought about prices of games where I am and in different countries. It's obvious that retail games anywhere but here when calculating prices and converting currency are cheaper, but how much more if even are they affordable? Can someone tell me how affordable games to buy on a monthly basis with an, let's say, average income are or could be where you live? Thanks
PzKpfw VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #2
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
It depends.

A game nowadays in the USA is 60 USD. Used to be 50 USD in the PS2, ORIGINAL Xbox era. (Xbox One is such a goddamn retarded name, they need to be shot for thinking it up)

According to Google (1 US Dollar equals 5.63 Croatian Kuna), if your currency is the Kuna or whatever the hell it is, (and HEAVILY depending on the average cost of living and housing for your area, which is a whole other set of figures), yours would be 338, compared to 60 USD, for a brand new, fresh on the shelf game.

I will just say, if a game cost 338 USD, I'd probably throw myself under a bus. But I don't exactly live in Croatia. 338 USD would be a couple days over a weeks pay in my area , about 8 - 9 days. Which would suck humungous dick.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #3
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
I generally just ignore the hype surronding games, stay off gaming forums and I only buy 3-4 games brand new a year. Those games have to be borderline masterpieces for me to buy them new. I haven't put a foot wrong this year in that regard. Tomb Raider, GTAV & The Last Of US were all fantastic and well worth the investment. The rest I buy at a reduced price, which means I can pick a bucketload up and not dent my income.

Honestly, if what TGF's saying is true, I would invest in a cracked console or a top of the line PC rig and pirate all of them. 330 per game is madness.

Last edited by Lynk; 09-29-2013 at 12:09 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
You guys have got the math all wrong. Sure he pays 330 kun for a video game, but he pays around 10 kun each for burek

It's like me saying I pay 2,600 Dollars for a video game just because it's paid in rubles

Some online store in the Zagreb area wants 499,00kun for GTAV on PS3 or about 98$ USD.
Old 09-29-2013   #5
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
I was kind of using the 338 USD thing hypothetically, or whatever fucking word is more appropriate there.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #6
Neil

Neil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud ofNeil has much to be proud of
I think when comparing prices between countries you have to be careful. In many countries the prices are quoted including tax, but in some others (particularly USA) the price excludes tax because the tax rate is different in different parts of the country.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013   #7
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

PzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura about
Yeah I see you're all over with the calculations. For reference what I calculated is that considering the average of around 3000kn a month, a new release of 500kn (which is the standard cheapest retail price) is like 1/6 of the months pay. And if you live alone, not considering you pay rent, you can probably get by with the rest of the money. If you have rent, no games for you mos def. The game would cost 400kn normally but conidering taxes it's 500kn. 25% tax ftw! If I'm not mistaken somewhere I read that an average, not even, low american pay is around 30.000$ a year. Considering that a 60$ game seems like an affordable thing for everyone, if not even cheap?
PzKpfw VI is offline   Reply With Quote