Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013   #1
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
the problem with the free money

I've heard people say that the $500k is a good thing, or the $500k is not good because they want to earn it themselves.

Well here's what I think... $500k is not going to ruin the game either way. That's chump change at the higher ranks. What is going to ruin the game is R* focusing on GTA$ instead of fixing the serious gameplay flaws like keeping your friends in one session and giving worthwhile activities to progress together. And give us heists already.

If anyone has played WoW before, it's like you go into a zone and for the next 20 levels there's literally only 1 quest that's worth doing because all the other quest rewards and xp are terrible. But there's an ability to replay this quest so you do it because that's the only efficient way to level up. So Blizzard nerfs the replaying of the good quest, doesn't add in better quests or scale up rewards, and gives away what seems like a lot of money (because you're low level) to keep people from seeing the real problem.

I really feel that if R* wants to encourage us to play other gametypes, the other activities need to have comparable rewards.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #2
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly i think rockstar should just make rewards higher, both money and the +RP.
+RP isnt much of a problem to me but i would like to level up faster considering i must be level 70 something just to lower my car on competition suspension.

Everything is way too expensive for the cash the missions give you, i dont have the time or patience to sit there playing mission after mission all day and night, sometimes waiting for players to join in before i can even start. Each mission takes atleast 15 minutes from driving there, shooting it up, stealing meth and driving back.
So if i make a lousy 20 grand, which barely buys you shit, i wouldve completed 10 missions which are mostly the exact same thing.
I cant be fucked driving to del perro pier, shooting the lost members, stealing meth and driving back to geralds 10 times. Really? I havent even bothered with missions, all ive done is sold cars to los santos customs and taken part in a few survival missions. But I just dont have the spare time in my life to put in the time it takes to get any decent progress in the game.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #3
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
I saved up enough money doing the Gerald Missions and selling stolen cars for me to get a moderate apartment (140K). That was last week and I haven't really touched online since. There's not really any draw for me, and all the, as I like to call them, COD assholes shooting on sight doesn't help. I figure I'll dip my toes in in another week or two and see what's changed. Hopefully this thing can become much better, as I had been looking forward to the concept since it had been introduced.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
This game is suppose to last you a long time, while they may have failed on the variety of missions you can't blame them for making it take so long to progress. In something like this you're not suppose to be past level 50 in the first week, when you'd play the game normally that is. It should take you a long time to get a decent sportscar, you shouldnt drive around in your bugatti out of your 400k appartment in the first week. It should mean something when you do, like investment wise.. that you put alot of hours in normal leveling up. To each his own ofcourse, but it doesnt suprise me that the game bores you if you replay the same mission over and over and over because you wont settle for less than 9k in 10min.

I really don't see the issue. I think the half million is a really nice gesture, it's better than nothing.. if you don't want it just pass it along to someone that does. Im undecided wether or not Im gonna give it away but I surely do appreciate the gesture on their part.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #5
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
You're saying people should take a long time to rank up? Meanwhile people are almost lvl 200 running around with tanks, miniguns and RPGs, with millions of dollars, with no possibility for the rest of us to catch up.

I know what a long term MMO looks like, I've played WoW consistently since 2004, and there's always something good to do for progressing your character. If people ever exploited something (since as gold duping or chinese gold farmers), Blizzard would not just patch it but also fix the game to discourage the need to do that and encourage something better. In this case, R* has patched it but instead of fixing the problem they toss some scraps your way and offer you some micro transactions for your real dollars.

Nobody wants to grind missions or rig races, of course it's not fun, but there's no other good method to get XP and money. R* took away the mission replays cause people were making too much money, not because they were making good XP. Because that gets in the way of the micro transaction business. Yet we don't hear what their plans are to improve the progression experience.

Now I'm only looking forward to heists whenever they add them, hopefully they have good payouts & XP.
Old 10-12-2013   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Those level 200s should learn to fcking pace theirself and have fun instead of endless farming, I cant imagine the game being any fun if you are that obsessive about it (the lvl 200 guys).

To be fair there are dozens of gametypes to earn money from. Its just not always as profitable, but does that really matter so much? Do you really have to have everything right now, instead of saving up for stuff over a longer period making it actually worth something. Well play it as you like ofcourse but I think any game gets boring after so many hours. You probably got more hours out of this game than many other games, so you cant really say rockstar didnt give you value for your money. They couldve just gone with gta 4 style mp again so atleast give them the benefit of the doubt and have a little patience for the rest of the stuff to come.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #7
Big Fella
--DanK--

Big Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enoughBig Fella will become famous soon enough
I can see where you are coming from. Why would I chase down a couple of cars around LS. When I can do the mission to blow up the cars at the dealership. And do it in less time. I'm looking forward to this cash. I'm very poor compared to others. It doesn't seem right that 12 days into the game and people are at lvl 200 with millions to spend. But I guess if they got the time to play and farm, they deserve it.? Maybe take a break from all your hard work and play some golf.

Visit my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DanK3670
Big Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #8
Stu

Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo View Post
And give us heists already.
Don't you think though there's a good reason they haven't? This is the company that is willing to delay a game half a year out of the blue because they want to get it right, and I know saying that just leaves me open to "Well not in the case of online" comments, but I do think they'll want to make the heists at a similar level to what the single player ones were like, and as such, they're going to take a good deal of effort.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #9
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo View Post
Yet we don't hear what their plans are to improve the progression experience.

Now I'm only looking forward to heists whenever they add them, hopefully they have good payouts & XP.
you literally revealed exactly what rockstars plans are, after you wished they'd say what their plans are....
Old 10-12-2013   #10
Kodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
you literally revealed exactly what rockstars plans are, after you wished they'd say what their plans are....
huh? unless you know something I don't, I'm not sure where you got that idea that I know what R*'s plans are.

They haven't released any notes on what they are doing to fix progression. No details about heists like when it comes out, how they work, how much XP and money they give, how many can do it, how often they can be done, what level you all need to be, etc
Old 10-13-2013   #11
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
I seem to have been misunderstood. I haven't been grinding missions. I'm only a little past level 14 on the character I've had since day 1 (luckily, I've only lost about 4 hours of play time.) I'm just playing the ones that pop up, but I have to reiterate that there is no draw. There is no hook to keep me playing. I don't really feel any reward when I do something. I've pretty much been soloing all the missions. When you add to that the fact that the apartment is just a bigger garage, and the Call of Duty guys who could give a fucks less about trying to work together, you get an overall unsatisfying and unpalatable experience. From my perspective, the Single player gives me more of a sense of accomplishment, and I was pretty much broke that entire time as well.

The online experience has hit a plateau for me, and unless something changes, I won't be able to justify spending any more of my time there. Nobody is more dejected about that fact than I am, because I wanted this to be great. Hell, the reason I spent this much time (Nearly 40 hours) with it was because I was hoping that it would have SOME kind of payout. But you know what they say, hope is what you do when you've given up trying.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote