Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013   #1
phillyphreak31
Newbie Member

phillyphreak31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this PC good enough to run icenhancer ENB mod?

So I'm looking to break into the world of GTA IV mods, and I've been researching the subject for a while now. I gather that running some of the nicer visual mods like the icenhancer ENB mod will require me to get a gaming computer. The problem is I don't have any sort of PC gaming background to speak of, and I don't really know how to judge computers for gaming purposes. I also don't expect I'll be playing anything except modded GTA IV on it, so I'm not looking to go crazy on the price. I found one on craigslist for a good price, but since I have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm not sure if it'd be up to the task. The specs listed in the ad are below. Any help deciding if it's a good enough machine would be greatly appreciated!

Dell Precision 690 Worksation
Processor 1: Intel Xeon 3.0 GHz Dual Core
Processor 2: Intel Xeon 3.0 GHz Dual Core
(total 4 cores)
Memory: 4 GB Max: 64 GB
Hard Drive 1: 160 GB SATA
Internal Space to add 3 more sata hard drives: (1 or 2 Terabytes each)
Optical Drive1 : DVD WRITER
Optical drive 2: DVD CD WRITER
8 High Speed USB ports
2 Firewire ports
Graphics card 1: Nvidia Quadro FX380 with dual head (Dual DVI output)
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
phillyphreak31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
The graphics card isn't good enough to run Gta IV, the cheapest option is to pick the parts yourself and either assemble it yourself or let the store do that for you. There are plenty of online shops that let you pick the components and charge a small fee for assembling it. But yeah better get help from someone that actually knows a thing or two about good graphics cards etc, I dont have alot of knowledge on that part.

What's your budget anyhow? I'd expect a good gaming pc to cost you atleast 400 bucks (depending on where you live)
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote