Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013   #136
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
So I'm rank 25 and can't seem to find any missions I haven't already dome from the characters in my phone book.

Every time I phone martin I get the kill the lawyer mission (out of settlement.). Gerald the same gang ware and Ron isn't giving me anything yet. How do I get past this?
Lol, this is exactly what I've been bitching about since the online game launched, but nobody seems to understand so I'm glad you said it.

The short answer is you have to grind. People were grinding good missions on repeat, but Rockstar took that away so now theres really nothing you can do, unless you want to rig races all day. Maybe people were going too fast, well now it's too slow. So I guess we have to wait for Rockstar to fix the progression issues if that's even on their radar.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013   #137
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I think they do need to find a way to let you aim before you fire, but in terms of shooting a gun and driving a car at the same time? That would actually be a pretty challenging thing to do in real life, so it makes sense that it's not super easy to do.
in the passenger seat it's the same as outside a car, left trigger aim, right to fire. in the driver's seat it's more complicated and hard to do as, obviously, you're driving at the same time.
Old 10-12-2013   #138
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I think they do need to find a way to let you aim before you fire, but in terms of shooting a gun and driving a car at the same time? That would actually be a pretty challenging thing to do in real life, so it makes sense that it's not super easy to do.
Yeah I get that, my issue is more with the actual aiming. Also if it is about realism they need to fix the AI which can pretty much shoot perfect even when driving.
Old 10-12-2013   #139
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by truekiller View Post
Yeah I get that, my issue is more with the actual aiming. Also if it is about realism they need to fix the AI which can pretty much shoot perfect even when driving.
I think in these cases you aren't supposed to be driving alone, either have friends in the car to shoot back or have a backup car/helicopter with you for support.

Also, be generous with sticky bombs, that will take out anybody after you.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #140
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodo View Post
Lol, this is exactly what I've been bitching about since the online game launched, but nobody seems to understand so I'm glad you said it.

The short answer is you have to grind. People were grinding good missions on repeat, but Rockstar took that away so now theres really nothing you can do, unless you want to rig races all day. Maybe people were going too fast, well now it's too slow. So I guess we have to wait for Rockstar to fix the progression issues if that's even on their radar.

Eurgh - really? That's so tedious. I thought if you get to a certain rank it might help develop the missions a bit more? For instance I'm on rank 25 and my friend is on rank 29 and he's getting missions from Trevor. I figured you have to progress up in rank to unlock more characters but I assume now that is wrong?

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #141
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
Anyone know what happens if I buy a 2 car garage but later want to upgrade and buy a bigger one? Would I just be unable to or would my stored cars just transfer? Also the apartments with garages count as both having an apartment and garage correct?
Old 10-13-2013   #142
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
The two cars will transfer over to the new garage And yes, an apartment with a garage will take away your standalone garage.
Old 10-13-2013   #143
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Is the most expensive appartment really worth the money? I got a mid sized one I think (was about 130.000). Is it really that much of a difference that it's worth upgrading when I get to that point?

Oh and anyone know how much you get when they sell your old appartment when trading it in?
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #144
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
Is the most expensive appartment really worth the money? I got a mid sized one I think (was about 130.000). Is it really that much of a difference that it's worth upgrading when I get to that point?

Oh and anyone know how much you get when they sell your old appartment when trading it in?
Once they finally start adding in heists then you'll need a high end apartment for heist planning I believe.

Currently the only reasons are the 4 extra garage slots, and the fact you can see out of the windows at the world in real time.
Old 10-13-2013   #145
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Hmm I could do with the extra slots, my garage is already full. But okay thanks, Ill start saving up
Old 10-13-2013   #146
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I bought a 10 car garage with heist room and window view for 205k but friend bought the 400k one and the only difference inside is the view. It is not worth an extra 195k
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013   #147
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Difference seems pretty limited indeed: http://www.gamepur.com/news/12373-gt...ior-views.html

I'll just go for one of those 200k ones (Richards Majestic looks really nice), thanks for the heads up
Old 10-13-2013   #148
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah looking at those views I may trade up my house to the Richards majestic one. Looks nicer.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013   #149
truekiller

I am starting to hate how groups of cars just despawn. Have been searching for a Western Bagger since I got a garage. Finally find one in the LS Customs parking lot, only thing is I am in the middle of getting a car sprayed for Simeon and need the money. Spray car and come back out and it is gone. Read that they appear more when driving an SUV and sure enough the appear. Only thing is I want to sell the SUV before taking one. Sell SUV and instantly every freaking Bagger is gone, and now I can't get them to appear again.
Old 10-17-2013   #150
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I think it's laughable how inconsistent the bad sport system is, meaning they consider cars to be worth more than people. Someone can random kill me all day long but when I decide to let him have it using the minigun I gained from survival, Im a bad sport for blowing up his car. What did they expect to happen in a situation like that.