Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013   #1
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Question Xbox 360 play disc install size?

Hey fellas.

First, yes I know that you're not supposed to install the play disc to the HDD but rather run it off of the dvd. I did see that it can be installed to a USB flash drive and streamed from there and work as good as, if not better than, running it off the disc.

I have yet to pick up a copy of the game for personal and financial reasons. I wanted to pick up a flash drive at some point beforehand dedicated for the game. So I was looking to see if anyone knew how many gigs the play disc install size would be?

Thanks for any info!
Old 09-27-2013   #2
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Required Install is 7.8GB, If you wish to install the Play Disc that's another 7.7GB needed (and even then they had to cut it down for the 360, it's even bigger on PS3 because of higher quality Audio!).
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #3
carldj90

carldj90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
Required Install is 7.8GB, If you wish to install the Play Disc that's another 7.7GB needed (and even then they had to cut it down for the 360, it's even bigger on PS3 because of higher quality Audio!).
What do you mean by "higher quality audio?"
carldj90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #4
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
No need to really worry about it.

It is only really there for sake of disk space.

It is practically unnoticeable.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #5
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the answer, Ash. I'll be getting a 16 gb flash drive (to be safe) for the play disc. I don't like the DVD running while I play. This is a first. I wanted a sure answer because I'm used to install sizes usually being anywhere between 4.5 and 7 GB.
Old 10-04-2013   #6
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

Thumbs up

I didn't want to make a new thread because this is actually related.

Finally got myself a copy of 5 and played it by using disc 2. It ran fine, no problems. Maybe a pop in here and there. I had a flash drive on order in the meantime.

What I picked up was a USB 3.0 high speed 16GB drive. You can get whatever you like but I chose this one. I installed the disc straight to the drive.

I can actually see significant improvement. Summed up, load times are noticeably quicker. The disc doesn't have to run nonstop. Very happy with this option. R* said if you use a flash drive to make sure the read speed for it is at least 15MB/sec. The one for the drive I got is 30+.

Just passing this on so everyone knows what I've found out.
Old 10-04-2013   #7
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by carldj90 View Post
What do you mean by "higher quality audio?"
Just a shot in the dark here but I think he means that the audio is of a higher quality.