Old 09-29-2013   #1
AnzacSniper

AnzacSniper is an unknown quantity at this point
Inserting Own pics into GTA4

Hi all, Im trying to insert my own photo's into the billboards, posters and adds in the game, I know how to do the phone theme as it was in a download, however I don't know which files to alter for posters at the different safe houses or billboards, also need to know what size the .PNG needs to be for the posters and billboards.

Does anyone have a data list or cheat sheet I can get or do I have to pull apart every file in the game to find out?

Thanks heaps,
AnzacSniper
AnzacSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013   #2
Littlejoe-42
Newbie Member

Littlejoe-42 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is LittleJoe-42, with a little knowledge about inserting your own .PNGs into GTA4.

First, you need SparkIV. This is a must! .PNG sizes are based on a binary system. All will have dimensions of 128, 256, 1024. I used Paint.NET to create my billboards. First, I exported the .PNG from a GTA4 .wtd file. Next, I open it into Paint.NET, which will automatically set it to the proper dimensions (if you're one of those people that likes HD textures, "resize" it to double dimensions). Create a new file, make your billboard (I take images from Google Images myself), and put it on a layer above the original billboard, adjusting for size and proportions. Export the final .PNG (DON'T ERASE OVER YOU'RE ORIGNAL, IT'S THE BACKUP), and reinstall into the .wtd using the "edit" function.

Finally, is you're changing large textures, there's most likely an associated "length of distance" texture. This texture, for example, as in billboards, is half the size of the original billboard. You can find these files by entering "lod" into SparkIV's .IMG search engine.

If you're really serious about making your own billboards, I suggest looking at my own billboard mods, or ZBNYNCs'. In fact, if there's any place you want to make a change to, most likely someone has done it before you. Simply look up someone else's, and use the same texture locations to make your own.
Littlejoe-42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #3
AnzacSniper

AnzacSniper is an unknown quantity at this point
thankyou, I have changed car and gun skins, no drama's and finally have the posters in the safe houses sorted, just need to make that list of textures and ground up from there..., thanks again.
AnzacSniper is offline   Reply With Quote