Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2013   #1
Protoman85

Protoman85 will become famous soon enoughProtoman85 will become famous soon enoughProtoman85 will become famous soon enoughProtoman85 will become famous soon enoughProtoman85 will become famous soon enoughProtoman85 will become famous soon enough
Anyone bothered by sexism yet?

The moral crusaders go on and on, has anyone felt uncomfortable or offended yet? I haven't.

Interestingly the most comfortable I've been so far has had to do with men, so to speak.

First when Trevor killed Johnny like a bitch and second at the torture scene.
Protoman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #2
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Get out of here with that sexism bullshit you troll.
Old 09-22-2013   #3
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
i actually felt like they adressed this perfectly in one scene shortly after that.

Trevor the psycopath turns and says "Why must you disrespect women?" then wade turns and goes "I wasn't disrespecting her, i was just saying we should kill her is all"
Old 09-22-2013   #4
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
There's sexism left, right and centre. There's also racism and everything else offensive left, right and centre. I think a lot of the time they do it in a way that's parodying real-life sexism though.. Which I don't know if it's better or worse.

@protoman: As for whether you've been offended or not.. Thats irrelevant, assuming you're a man (judging from the username). If a significant amount of women are offended by it, it means it's offensive. It's not up to some male to tell them that it's not offensive.

Some people will use the argument that the people who are offended should just not play the game, but that's also irrelevant. Because there are millions of players out there, who haven't put any kind of deep thought into the subject, who will see offensive behaviour and think it's acceptable. And they will go on to affect the people who don't play the game.

All of that can be applied to any of the offensive material though. Replace women/sexism with black people/racism, etc. Is GTA offensive? Hell yeah, that's the majority of their humour. Am I personally offended? Hell no. But as a white male I have no right to tell other people what to be offended by.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #5
GTAV fan
Newbie Member

GTAV fan is on a distinguished roadGTAV fan is on a distinguished roadGTAV fan is on a distinguished road
I love it.
GTAV fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #6
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
As a woman I am not having any problems with the game.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote