Old 09-23-2013   #1
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
Do random events respawn?

SLIGHT SPOILER

I was driving around Franklin's hood when suddenly two robbers asked for an escape, and I picked them up. To my surprise one of the guys turned out to be Packie from GTA IV. However, I botched up the the police chase that originally was supposed to be easy since I accidentally had a bad crash at the highway disabling the car (why do the fucking cars in this game get disabled so easily?), so we had to run on foot. A car accidentally ran over Packie and his friend, so they both died.

My question is, does this random event respawn? I really want to recruit Packie for my further heists, but I'm so far into the game now that restarting is out of the question should he not respawn. I did a bit of searching, and it seems half the internet says the random events respawn whereas the other half claims the characters are gone forever if they die.

So do any of you know if I'll ever get to see Packie again?
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #2
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
Some do, and some don't... I'm pretty sure Packie is dead forever.

I've done loads of the same money van, and bike thefts and muggings, but never seen Packie again.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #3
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
Well that's a pretty idiotic design decision. I was looking forward to hear some dialogue from him. Oh well, thanks for the info.
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
lol I didn't even know that was packie, I shot both dudes.. judging from how much they were holding 'my end' wasn't worthwile anyhow.

But yeah I've seen alot of the same 'random' events , I'm sure you'll come across it again at some point. I messed up a couple of those too and have always seem them reappear.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote