Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013   #31
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
I finished the main story missions last night. I was laughing so hard at some of the dialog that I was afraid that I would puke. I also felt very sad at times, realizing that the content in the game is too true-to-life.

However, I also loved how R* managed to roll over a decade of GTA games into a single amazingly-well-executed game. I loved all of the references to almost every single past GTA game -- especially those to San Andreas.

I just hope that if there is DLC, it contains more places (like more land masses and more interiors). Rockstar has been pretty bad about extending the playable area of such games, but this experience demands it.

In all, I'm blown away. What an amazing achievement in gaming.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #32
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
For DLC I'm hoping less for more places to explore and more stuff. New cars, new weapons, maybe a few new missions and random encounters.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #33
truekiller

truekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished roadtruekiller is on a distinguished road
My first thought was WOW! So far this game has not disappointed. The missions are varied and awesome and the story is great so far. Just a few gripes though, the police system though much improved from IV can still be very annoying. The eyesight cones are not always accurate and cops can still spot you outside of the cone. Also the whole cops spawning at the end of blocks has returned which is annoying. Another thing is where are all the cops on the beat or cruising the streets? Only seem to see them when they are chasing myself or civilians. Also annoyed with random people calling the cops on me for nothing. Got the cops called on Michael for walking through a park and on Trevor for running around MY airstrip. All in all very minor things in an almost perfect game IMO. Now just can't wait for GTA Online!
truekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #34
Yellow_sentinel
hello there

Yellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished roadYellow_sentinel is on a distinguished road
Honestly?

It's amazing.

Too bad I rarely get the time to play as much as I did as a kid, but hey - that means the game will last longer.
Yellow_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #35
chapalax

chapalax will become famous soon enoughchapalax will become famous soon enoughchapalax will become famous soon enoughchapalax will become famous soon enoughchapalax will become famous soon enoughchapalax will become famous soon enoughchapalax will become famous soon enoughchapalax will become famous soon enough
driving sucks

i think the drivi ng feels like a racing game which sucks, the character doesnt get ejected through the window, head on collisions at 100 mph doesnt do shit
chapalax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #36
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I laugh every time Michael makes the old guy grunt when he has climb on top of stuff.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #37
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapalax View Post
i think the drivi ng feels like a racing game which sucks, the character doesnt get ejected through the window, head on collisions at 100 mph doesnt do shit
I've been launched out the windscreen once. It must be heaps less often, which is good. That got really annoying in GTA4
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #38
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
If I have to look at Trevor's ass ONE MORE TIME...
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013   #39
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
After playing it all week I can only pick out one issue which I think the police seem to be straight on you regardless of how many people saw you do a crime, it'd be nice if they were a bit smarter and only went off information they have.

For example you silently take out some dude while no one is around. So while you're walking away, someone found the body and the police are searching the area, but they're not specifically searching for you.

Kill someone in front of another person? They need to call it in. At the minute it feels like every ped is wearing google glasses that are linked up to the LSPD database.
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #40
Vini
Mustafo is coming!

Vini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
After playing it all week I can only pick out one issue which I think the police seem to be straight on you regardless of how many people saw you do a crime, it'd be nice if they were a bit smarter and only went off information they have.

For example you silently take out some dude while no one is around. So while you're walking away, someone found the body and the police are searching the area, but they're not specifically searching for you.

Kill someone in front of another person? They need to call it in. At the minute it feels like every ped is wearing google glasses that are linked up to the LSPD database.
Get your stealth up and stock up on silencers and this becomes a non issue.
Old 09-25-2013   #41
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
The driving is great I love it in this game. The handling in IV was awful and flying out of the windscreen was the most annoying thing ever. It's fantastic now
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #42
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
Some amazing moments but the city lacks character.

I enjoy it the most when it doesn't try to be San Andreas.

We'll see how I feel when it's wrapped.
bennifer3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #43
Russ
Dats da fact jack!

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I love the soundtrack! Radio stations and the original score are amazing!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #44
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I love the soundtrack! Radio stations and the original score are amazing!
I agree, other than a few misplaced songs here and there, I thought the radio was really good too. It wasn't Vice City/San Andreas good but I wasn't expecting it to be, given the modern setting and everything.

Favourite station is The Space, though really I just love Bootsy Collins' voice. I also like the Loggins direction they took Rock Radio in and Vinewood BLVD had some wicked tracks on it. The biggest complaint I've seen is the lack of metal, and given my tastes, that ain't really a complaint...
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #45
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
lack of metal is quite hurting ;_;
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote