Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2013   #1
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
The dumb 'no vehicle damage' rumour that is going around.

There's a dumb 'theres no vehicle damage rumour' floating around. I watched some gameplay someone had put up where the protagonist gets into a plane, and then crashes the plane.

The wings broke off, the plane exploded into several different pieces.

Needless to say, the vehicle damage looks even better than in previous games.

Just thought I'd point it out to people who are worrying.
Old 09-13-2013   #2
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Cool thanks
Old 09-13-2013   #3
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
harvill you asked me the other day if i was getting the game on release and i said was waiting for the pc one

i changed my mind

ill get the ps3 one if you ever wanna rob stores with me online

psn = pignoah
Old 09-13-2013   #4
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Sweet I'll add you later today.
Old 09-13-2013   #5
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pignoah View Post
Needless to say, the vehicle damage looks even better than in previous games.
I'm boggled by some of the rumors out there. Sure -- no vehicle damage. Uh-huh. I suppose that it's possible -- if you're using a CHEAT.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #6
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
No damage? who made that dumbass rumor. One of the greatest parts of HD GTA is the realistic car deformation.
Old 09-13-2013   #7
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
There was a video where a car was driven straight into a wall and there wasn't much damage, but GTA IV was similar in some occasions and other videos have shown decent car damage. I think it's been tweaked slightly to be a little bit more arcadey but I can't help but laugh at everyone flipping shit saying there's "no" damage.

Honestly can't tell if the average age of the GTA fanbase is getting younger, or if the average gta fan is getting stupider. If you want a good laugh, go to gtaforums and witness the amount of people who can navigate a forum registration page but not type a simple query on google
Old 09-13-2013   #8
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Honestly can't tell if the average age of the GTA fanbase is getting younger, or if the average gta fan is getting stupider. If you want a good laugh, go to gtaforums and witness the amount of people who can navigate a forum registration page but not type a simple query on google
(Trying this again):

Older & dumber.

But seriously -- I couldn't care less what happens to the fan-base -- as long as the developers keep getting smarter.

Also -- depending on the type of car, if the developers really are getting smarter, then you'll see different things happen to different cars. The older the car, especially those from a decade ago and older, tend to be more rigid than newer cars, although there are exceptions.

I have occasionally questioned whether the "mashed" look of some cars in GTA IV (when I would plow into various structures) would look that way in real life. I wouldn't know, because I've only been in one major car accident -- I was in a 1983 Chevy Blazer that got broadsided by an oncoming Mercury sedan. In that case, the other car was obliterated (thank goodness its occupants were wearing seatbelts, and nobody was seriously injured). The Blazer, on the other hand, had a small dent in its side, and I was fine. So much for "crumple zones."

Last edited by J.Orlando; 09-13-2013 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: Cuz I keep forgetting stuff...
Old 09-13-2013   #9
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pignoah View Post
Just thought I'd point it out to people who are worrying.

This forum is pretty much the most sane one out there. The rest are filled with a lot of people who just want to mess around with other forum members.
I've seen tons of awesome damage.
Old 09-13-2013   #10
JackKlompus

JackKlompus is an unknown quantity at this point
I also saw the video of the plane crashing. So there better be vehicle damage. One of the best things about GTA IV was the damage, especially with the swing sets of death. I loved seeing how smashed your car could get. Wheels laying flat against the ground Niko's head sticking out of the damaged roof. Stuff like that was just awesome.
JackKlompus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #11
j_harvill

Quote:
Originally Posted by killahmatic View Post
This forum is pretty much the most sane one out there. The rest are filled with a lot of people who just want to mess around with other forum members.
I've seen tons of awesome damage.

Thanks I like this place also.
But I haven't been to any other gta fansites.
Old 09-13-2013   #12
J.Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_harvill View Post
Thanks I like this place also.
But I haven't been to any other gta fansites.
You're not missing much.

Old 09-13-2013   #13
j_harvill

Childish shenanigans I'm sure.
Old 09-13-2013   #14
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
there's a difference, this is more of a "highbrow" forum for hardcore fans, where people try to use common sense more, and racial language less... Not never, but less.

Old 09-13-2013   #15
j_harvill

Nicely put plus the "regulars" here seem to semi respectful to each other. Notice I said semi. I also like that majority doesn't want leaked info and the site respects that.