Old 09-12-2013   #1
Dogmeat2029

Dogmeat2029 is an unknown quantity at this point
Claude Speed Circa GTAV

Been playing these games since the 2D era. Nothing beats a well placed oil spill and having cars spin out off of bridges to their ultimate demise.

Claude has been my favorite GTA character, and GTA3 really hit it home for me. I know there's speculation as to if the two Claudes are the same, but I like to think of the character like El Burro- Existing in all Eras (2D, 3D, HD) in different renditions.

I preorded the Collectors Edition and I'm going to make my character look like Claude, but the catch is I'm going to harken back to the days of old and lean towards a GTA2 style look.

Personally, for me: Claude will have a shaved head (like GTA2 Render & GTA3 Concept Art) and sport Black Pants, shoes and a tank top; not like in the GTA2 movie, but in the actual game. I'll also be getting a new Z-Type to store in my garage and customize it to look somewhat like the Ziabatsu Version. Maybe, I'll be able to place a big Z on it!

How would you guys go about it?

Does anyone have any plans to recreate old GTA characters?
Dogmeat2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #2
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
I think your idea is awesome man.
Few people have truly played this entire series since the top down days.
I remember running around burping and farting on peds.
I haven't decided on my character yet though.
Old 09-12-2013   #3
kb24sd

kb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these partskb24sd is infamous around these parts
Your reaching here.

Dan Houser has stated in a bunch of interviews that it wouldn't be possible for any of the PS2 era GTA Characters to show up in the current HD gen GTA games.

The only thing you can really do is with GTA Online create your character to have Claude's traits through the family tree system.I'm not sure though if you need the DLC that's included in the collectors edition that has the classic GTA skins.
kb24sd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #4
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
The family tree thing will probably create problems for people planning to recreate certain characters.
Trial and error maybe.
Old 09-13-2013   #5
Dogmeat2029

Dogmeat2029 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb24sd View Post
Your reaching here.

Dan Houser has stated in a bunch of interviews that it wouldn't be possible for any of the PS2 era GTA Characters to show up in the current HD gen GTA games.

The only thing you can really do is with GTA Online create your character to have Claude's traits through the family tree system.I'm not sure though if you need the DLC that's included in the collectors edition that has the classic GTA skins.
Tell that to El Burro. Like I said, I know the eras don't cross over, but the character can still exist in different renditions or universes. El Burro is in all three and R*s comment "surname may or may not be speed" doesn't really clarify anything or debunk it either.

I am getting the collectors edition, so I'll be able to get some of Claude's traits. I haven't seen it in action, but Id imagine you have two parents (Claude can be one of them with CE) and pick which features you want from one manually or with a slider.

Can do stuff like recreate top-down characters that have never seen the newer eras!

If the Claude thing doesn't work out, maybe Ill go for Travis from GTA1. Pimp out a cab or what not
Dogmeat2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #6
bboychibi

bboychibi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_harvill View Post
I think your idea is awesome man.
Few people have truly played this entire series since the top down days.
I remember running around burping and farting on peds.
I haven't decided on my character yet though.
I've definitely been down since the top down days. It's all I played when I was a kid. Then when I finally saved enough money I bought 1, 1969, and 2, and when I looked at the booklet in the back there was a preview for GTA 3. Then I HAD to get a ps2 to play gta 3 and I did. It's been a really fun ride.
bboychibi is offline   Reply With Quote