Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2013   #1
Vini
Mustafo is coming!

Vini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to allVini is a name known to all
New GTA:Online details, over 500 missions, in development for 13 years

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/11/gta-...omment-page-1/

This is crazy, the multiplayer component alone has over 5 times as many missions as all of GTA:IV. And it's been in development since Grand Theft Auto 3.

Quote:
“We’ve always wanted to create a world with the complexity of a single-player Grand Theft Auto game with the addition of real players,” he told Game Informer. “We wanted a world where people could spend years without getting bored of playing the same content over and over.
  • There’s over 500 missions – some solo and some requiring a team.
  • It takes place after the events of GTA 5.
  • Players will need to do “whatever it takes to get more money in the bank” and procure assets like cars and real estate.
  • Characters appear in cutscenes when interacting with other characters .
  • Female characters can be used in GTA Online.
  • Activities in the core game are also included such as: “heists, missions, robberies, assaulting gang hideouts, hijacking armored vehicles, races, tennis, golf and base jumping”.
  • Biker gangs can support you during missions if you’re on good terms with them.
  • Rockstar uses a “dynamic” system to populate GTA Online and “”there are options to let the game decide who to play with… or you can hand pick every player in the game”.
  • There’s a crew ranking system and a personal rank.
  • Starting skills are based on chosen lifestyles, and can be upgraded along with your character’s look.
  • The crew leader will decide who keeps the loot after a mission is completed.
  • Players can kill you and take your cash, so its best to make use of ATM machines as often as possible. Purchases can still be made using the money even if it’s in the bank.
  • If you are robbed, you can put a bounty on said player.
  • You can invite friends to your home and drink, call strippers, watch TV shows , etc.
  • Missions are controlled through Rockstar’s Social Club, which means the developer tweak them regularly.
Old 09-11-2013   #2
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
damn this is gonna be sick

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #3
Misanthrope
Scooter Brother

Misanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura aboutMisanthrope has a spectacular aura about
I just read this in Game Informer this morning! I'm excited, but I'll be out of town when this starts up, and I bet the hotel internet sucks too badly to play. <sad face> Oh well, I shouldn't have done everything in single player by then, so maybe I can catch up a few weeks later.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #4
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
#selfies
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #5
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
Thanks for the heads up, I read the GI article and posted on the main page about this:
http://www.gtagaming.com/v/news/2257
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #6
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
They've been working on this for over a dozen years?!
Dang. They're not fooling around, are they?
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #7
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
This is too amazing. It's looks like to me that GTA Online could be its own game if it wanted to. And with a monthly fee to play. Thankfully we're getting it for free with the purchase of the already incredible GTA 5.
Old 09-11-2013   #8
j_harvill

j_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to behold
Fucking amazing shit!
The thought of being able to play in vice again is awesome. Especially with a crew or friends.
Old 09-11-2013   #9
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
is this only for current gen?

if so i dont buy it

it just doesnt make sense
Old 09-11-2013   #10
dokujitsu
GTA addict since 2001

dokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura aboutdokujitsu has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pignoah View Post

if so i dont buy it

As of right now, yes it is only on 360 and PS3. We all know it'll be out on PC down the road. For One And PS4, nothing has been announced yet.
Old 09-11-2013   #11
j_harvill

j_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to beholdj_harvill is a splendid one to behold
It's going to be amazing that makes sense.
Old 09-12-2013   #12
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pignoah View Post

if so i dont buy it

Mission coding doesn't take that much space when you have all the basic functions built. Cutscenes are played ingame, so animations, possible textures and sound assets, etcetc.

And since it's going to be available after the game is released, I bet a good sized download to harddrive is in order.
Old 09-12-2013   #13
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
yeah i mean it sounds awesome its just hard to imagine all this long term investment in one of the last games on this current gen.
Old 09-12-2013   #14
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
Apparently they plan for this game to have a long shelf life. I'd imagine a next-gen port is in the cards.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013   #15
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
I think there's no doubt, perhaps in time for Christmas 2014 if not the summer of 2015, that we'll have a next gen port. Most Likely it will be a "GOTY" edition with whatever DLC that's to come included.