Old 09-10-2013   #1
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
dlc thoughts

I think it would be badass if the dlc's brought you back to San Fierro or Las Ventura.

Thoughts?
Old 09-11-2013   #2
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
In an ideal world, something like that would be awesome. It isn't possible though.

Making the map is the longest and most gruelling part of the process in creating a new GTA game, Dan Houser has said as much himself. Making entirely new cities would be too much effort for too little reward; the money that DLC brings in isn't enough to justify the manpower it would take to design, develop, code and create the add-ons. They've already given us an outstandingly large map, I don't think we can ask for much more than that.

You've also got to ask yourself what there would be to do in these cities? New characters, missions, separate stories? I just don't see it happening. It sounds like a completely new game.

I expect new weapons, cars, clothes, songs and multiplayer modes... maybe an Undead Nightmare sized story DLC.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #3
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
Wishful thinking I guess
Old 09-11-2013   #4
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
nothing wrong with that!
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #5
Matthew

Matthew is an unknown quantity at this point
I think any future DLC will be for GTA Online only.
Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #6
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
I think DLC will be for GTA Online, and then each new main game will add a new city to GTA Online, maybe GTA VI will be set in Las Venturas, San Fiero, Vice City, or somewhere new, and that place will be added into GTA Online.

Maybe they'll add Liberty City as DLC though, that city is already finished in HD.
Old 09-11-2013   #7
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_harvill View Post
I think it would be badass if the dlc's brought you back to San Fierro or Las Ventura.

Thoughts?
Everyone else here seems to think that you are being "wishful," but I'm in your camp. I was thinking the same exact thought about an hour ago.

It would be a great use of Rockstar's time. It could happen too -- because I believe that the company is going to be so drenched with cash that they will be able to afford to hire a few dozen extra devs to make this fantasy real.

It probably won't happen -- but you never know. Nobody thought that we would be revisiting Vice City again either -- and they were wrong. In fact, a lot of people thought that the very idea of a next-gen SA wasn't in-the-cards either -- and they were wrong too.

Keep on wishing. Sometimes it's all that we have.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013   #8
bboychibi

bboychibi is an unknown quantity at this point
A whole different city would be a massive dlc. If they did though, I would pay for it. But I'm gonna guess they'll do an episodes style dlc like they did with 4. There's just so much stuff they could do in the city.
bboychibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013   #9
Dogmeat2029

Dogmeat2029 is an unknown quantity at this point
I would imagine it being like Red Dead, wherein, most of it is multi-player oriented and then maybe having one story DLC.

Could easily see Liberty added to the mix, just would have to tweak it graphically.

...Maybe playable Packie stand alone story? (even though he is not in 5) Could be very cool, especially if they did manage to do something that reads your GTA4 save file and has it effect the story in some regards.
Dogmeat2029 is offline   Reply With Quote