Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013   #16
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
gtaf full of uneducated fools

this map is huge.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #17
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
rockstar games said it was okay to post it. i'm wondering if this will change all the naysayers' minds now
Old 09-10-2013   #18
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
Some people will bitch about ANYTHING.

A quick check using the scale of the map (lower left) reveals an approximate total area of about 50 square miles, including the ocean. By car, it's going to take at least half an hour to get from one end of the map to the other by car.

Last edited by jwrebholz; 09-10-2013 at 12:23 PM..
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #19
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Fuck Them!!! I'm ready to explore!
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #20
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
maybe the city blocks are just huge. i dont know... but comparing to city blocks of San Andeas, the map doesnt seem nearly as big as I expected.I'm not complaining though. Once I have the game I expect it to be bigger than it seems on the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post

lol
That would've been a great name for a small wooded town on the east coast.
Old 09-10-2013   #21
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAu...n_the_other_i/

No idea how true his calculations are but if he's correct then dayum. Massively contradicts other calculations though

Edit: yeah there's no way it's that big

Last edited by thenotsogoodtrickster; 09-10-2013 at 12:42 PM..
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #22
GTAV fan
Newbie Member

GTAV fan is on a distinguished roadGTAV fan is on a distinguished roadGTAV fan is on a distinguished road
You can make out the extent of the underwater world`s outline. It stretches pretty far out from the coastline.
GTAV fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #23
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Yes -- this map is huge.

And if one drives like a real person in the real world -- obeying the speed limit, paying attention to traffic laws, and not just mowing down everything in-sight -- then the game will seem even larger. I did this in GTA IV during my first play-through, and it made a difference. On subsequent playings, I shrank the entire experience immeasurably, by using cabs and trip-skips whenever possible.

This is going to be mountainously fun (pun intended).

And it's nowhere even close to being as tiny (or as boring-looking) as RDR was, contrary to what people on other forums have erroneously stated.
J.Orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #24
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAu...n_the_other_i/

No idea how true his calculations are but if he's correct then dayum. Massively contradicts other calculations though

Edit: yeah there's no way it's that big

i would love a real size comparion but yeah, there's no way that he's correct with that scale. they need a better unified measurement.
Old 09-10-2013   #25
J.Orlando

J.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura aboutJ.Orlando has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
i would love a real size comparion but yeah, there's no way that he's correct with that scale. they need a better unified measurement.
Anyone else notice that the scale thingy on the lower-left appears to go to 100 miles? I'm wondering what happens if you zoom out to that level... assuming that I'm not just correct about the number, but also about how zoom works in this instance.
Old 09-10-2013   #26
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
This one is much, much more believable.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAu...ther_i/cc5jpq6

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #27
Algonquin
Da Bear
Addicted Member

Algonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura aboutAlgonquin has a spectacular aura about
Slightly more believable but still a lot of ballyhoo going into measurements in there XD

Doesn't anyone own a scanner anymore, SCAN IT IN full res, scan san andeas map, adjust till scale legend matches, COMPARE this is what is needed.
Old 09-10-2013   #28
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Can't help but notice that OP hasn't responded since possibly being proven wrong but has since responded to other posts in his thread.
Old 09-10-2013   #29
J.Orlando

Meh.

Maybe there are parts in the game that aren't reflected entirely in this map?

Any reason to believe this, or am I just being wishful?

(I'm definitely being wishful. But wishful thinking isn't BAD. Lying, or creating maps for fun that mislead people into believing that you have "inside information," isn't the best use of one's time.)

I don't purvey such lies. Maybe this is precisely WHY I'm potentially gullible.

I tend to see the good in people. (And don't take this the wrong way -- this IS the official map drawing -- but it isn't the official in-game map. So, it is possible that, perhaps, there may be an island (or another city, hint hint) that might exist that we don't know about -- yet.

And I do apologize if I'm raising, for the 10,000,000th time, the specter of a "hidden SA island" or "Jaws" or whatever. In reality though -- my discussion here has nothing to do with such rumors. I'm just speculating on what MIGHT be in the game, since nobody has played it yet who I know about.
Old 09-10-2013   #30
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

Another city is the epitome of wishful thinking, to be blunt.