Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2013   #1
RIPpo
Professional Dumbass

RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.RIPpo is a God.
First GTA V hands-on previews arrive

IGN is kicking off a week of exclusive GTA V content with the world's first hands-on of the much anticipated game. The article is packed with play-by-play game details and new screenshots.

Here's some new information that we gathered from the article:
  • Weapon wheel stores all of your collected weapons, even if they run out of ammo or you get busted.
  • The police are smarter than Liberty City's finest and will pick you off from afar.
  • An early mission with Franklin called Repossession has him and his friend Lamar repo'ing a motorcycle for their boss at the car dealership.
  • The first mission to introduce all three protagonists is called Three's Company - we've seen this mission in gameplay videos, where the three work together to take out a target in a downtown skyscraper.
  • Another mission called Derailed has Michael and Trevor hijacking a train.
  • Trevor gets revenge in a mission called Nervous Ron, where he goes after some members of The Lost MC who ransacked his trailer.
  • In Vinewood Babylon, Michael needs to take down a private jet to retrieve an on-board package.

For a lot more details on the missions outlined above, check out the full article at IGN.

A number of other video game press outlets are also publishing hands-on previews:
Old 09-03-2013   #2
SCAB

SCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond reputeSCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Son of a bitch, that looks spectacular.
SCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #3
gtaperson

gtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura aboutgtaperson has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
The rain/water effects look really nice.
gtaperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #4
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
This game is other worldly.
Old 09-03-2013   #5
killahmatic
Wildlife Photographer

killahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enoughkillahmatic will become famous soon enough
the game is looking better and better after every preview.

sadly i dont have the extra money i was hoping to have at this time of year and may not be able to get the game on release ... but I will get it before the year is over.. its my goal.
Old 09-03-2013   #6
j_harvill

j_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to all
That's not good news.

I read a little bit, but I don't want any mission details or anything.
Old 09-03-2013   #7
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Ive seen enough. I just want to see the map.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #8
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
There is literally nothing more extra I want to see until I get the game in my console of choice in a couple weeks.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013   #9
j_harvill

j_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to allj_harvill is a name known to all
I feel the same. I ruined gta 4 by doing that.
So I've made a solid decision not to do that again.
No missions, no news, no fucking facts I want surprise!
Old 09-03-2013   #10
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
And here I was thinking screenshots had stopped exciting me. These are all fucking amazing! Favourite ones are scruffy Michael, Blaine County at dusk and Los Santos at night. Wow!

Not going to read the mission write-ups in detail because what's the point? Two weeks away! We'll be playing them ourselves soon enough!

Also, IGN has a list of what they have planned this week:

Quote:
Tuesday, September 3: World's First Grand Theft Auto V Hands-On
Wednesday, September 4: Grand Theft Auto Online Hands-On
Thursday, September 5: The Sum of All Peers: Rockstar Discusses How it Built a Next-Gen World on Current-Gen Tech
Friday, September 6: Another Take on Grand Theft Auto V's Single-Player Campaign
Saturday, September 7 and beyond: ??? (Check back and see!)
Pretty darn curious about that Saturday.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #11
darkdevilx

darkdevilx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaperson View Post
The rain/water effects look really nice.
I was thinking the same thing, this looks awesome
darkdevilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013   #12
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
]

Old school Aston Martin FTW! Bond style!

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote