Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2013   #1
Hashim1
Newbie Member

Hashim1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing Multiple Mods Without Overwriting Files

Hi there.

I'm new to modding, new to GTA SA and fairly new to PC gaming generally, so please bear with me.

I recently installed GTA San Andreas onto my computer, and have installed a few minor mods onto it. One of these mods is the Speedometer mod, which adds a speedometer to GTA. I'm now considering installing a graphics mod (ENB Series for now, and maybe the San Andreas HD mod in the future) but I've noticed that both the ENB Series mod and the Speedometer mod that I installed previously use the d3d9.dll file, and therefore overwriting my current d3d9.dll file will overwrite the version with the Speedometer.

My question is, how does everyone else installing multiple mods deal with this problem? How do I install multiple mods without needing to worry about overwriting an already-installed mod in a file such as d3d9.dll, timecyc, etc., without needing to learn the code of the mods and edit them directly. Is there a program or tool that helps with this? Am I missing something?

Quite confused right now, so I would really really appreciate some help from the forum's experienced GTA SA modders. Thanks.
Hashim1 is offline   Reply With Quote