Old 08-23-2013   #1
Cosmic Joker

Cosmic Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
Common graphics/Mod help

I apologize if this isn't the correct area to post this, but it is driving me nuts.

GTA IV 1.0.7.0
EFLC 1.1.2.0

I added the following mods to GTA IV and EFLC :
UVP 10
indicator script
buisness script
traffic load or flow ( used both and the same thing happens, also used the other traffic one)

I get bad texture popping and same vehicles appear. I have tried all the command line texts and traffic scripts and get the same issue. When the textures don't load properly I see traffice spawning on another island, no joke. But when I get there, there are only a few parked cars. I know this is a grpahic problem and the modded cars are probably causing it. But I just want to know if it is my GC. I prefer not to buy one, because of cost. Any help or clues?

Or should I load a different mod? In UVP 10 it replaces all car models with real and would prefer not to get rid of it because it has junk cars as well as the regulars and supers.

System Specs.
Pentium Dual-Core E5200 2.5GHZ
6GB RAM
Page file is currently set to 10.5gb ( I know its high but sometimes its needed)
DX 11
Windows 7 64 bit

GC:
Geforce GT 430
Dedicated video Mem 1gb DDR3
0 system mem
Total availiable mem 3.8Gb
Data Rate 1600MHZ
PCI Express x16
graphic clock 700Mhz
Processor Clock 1400Mhz
Cosmic Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Get rid of trafficload.ini, that causes the most problems with texture pop ins. Try a different taxibugfix like trafficcontrolsystem.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013   #3
Cosmic Joker

Cant get trafficcontrolsystem to work. Re-installed EFLC to start from scratch. Installed Xliveless, UVP 10, scripthook, .net 4 framework, indicator script.

Not getting the texture pop more than normal. Everything is set to high or very high and looks good.

Looked at the scripthook log and it says:
[INFO] GTA IV Script Hook 0.5.1 - (C) 2009, Aru - Initialized
[INFO] Process base address: 0xce0000
[INFO] Auto detecting game version
[FATAL] Failed to detect game version

It is also failing to load the indicator script. This isn't that important, but I'm using it to test the compatability of the scripts.

I'm am beginning to think that it is coming from the UVP 10 installer, or I have some sort of conflict.

GTAIV .Net Script Hook v1.7.1.7 BETA

Never mind, I forgot to update EFLC after the re-install.

I used this tool to find the problem, I like it, and didn't even know it was out there. Should probably put it in the forum somewhere but I leave that up to you.

http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/2-g...gnostics-tool/

everything seems to be working, but getting alot of cavalcades (escalades), and cars crashing or appearing flipped over, turned off the crazy driving, no effect.

New issue though now that everything is working ( Ithought ) All my cars are flipping over with barely any speed. It didn't start till after the traffic script started working.

What do I need to do to remedy the problem? Sorry for all the posts.

Last edited by Cosmic Joker; 08-24-2013 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 08-24-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Cars flipping over is usually due to wrongfully edited lines in the handling.dat, usually readmes from custom cars tell you to edit certain number in that file because the proportions are (and the performance should be) different from the default car its replacing. Strange though since you said you reinstalled so that file should be back to default again, or did you install a few custom cars and edit those lines?
Old 08-24-2013   #5
Cosmic Joker

Whats interesting is that I installed the mod before and everything was fine, after the trafficontrolsystem installed is when the cars started flipping.

This also occurred when I was testing the different traffic scripts before the re-install, with traffic control. What inside that could be casuing the issue?

When I take the script out it works but taxi bug. After I add the script and its working, is when the flipping occurs.

Launched it again and now the traffic script isnt working for some reason.

Launched serveral times with defferent settings.

Then I re-copied the scripthook files and everything including the handling parameters and trafficontrolsystem script worked perfect. Then after a few minutes the traffic script stopped working as I was driving. I could see the traffic revert to the taxi bug. I then tried using one of the in game function keys (F7, F8, F9) and nothing happened.

Don't know where to go from here. Something is failing to load completely, or is erroring. But cant find out what. Is there a vehicle pack out there that I can load instead of UVP 10? I think this may be part of the issue, maybe.

Have you tried or tested the pack, UVP 10, with anything?

Last edited by Cosmic Joker; 08-25-2013 at 02:01 AM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 08-25-2013   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

The only car pack I've ever got working (normally) was called city cars or something, it was one of those lightweight car packs with limited file size. It had a anti taxi bug included which brought down the amount of taxis significantly but it did do a bit of damage to performance.

I personally don't think car modding is worth all the hassle but I am aware not alot of people share this opinion with me. I think gta's cars arent that bad, and prefer it running as smoothly as possible. So I only mod weapons and player clothes, and Ive got one graphics mod.
Old 08-26-2013   #7
Cosmic Joker

I agree the cars aren't bad, just wanted too change some things up. Whats interesting is the traffic script stops while playing. It seems that every other time I start the game, the script loads, other times it doesn't. Weird!! I think I'll just deal with it. It also doesn't like me flying or on boats.