Old 08-03-2013   #1
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
does anyone here play lol?

anyone?

league of legends?

you pray?
Pignoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #2
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
dota2
Old 08-03-2013   #3
Pignoah

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
dota 2 is gross yo
Old 08-03-2013   #4
Grimmy

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
same game. slight differences. same game
Old 08-03-2013   #5
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
All MOBAs are exactly the same. -_- I've never seen the appeal of a game where your account can be banned if your connection drops out too many times.
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013   #6
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I dabble in LoL.

It's actually heaps different than DOTA. Other players are heaps less cunty. It's the casual DOTA, but obviously far from a casual game.

I haven't played since the oceania server first came up. It was super unstable then, but apparently it's better now.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #7
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
What ever happened to Blizzard DOTA? I played it at BlizzCon but haven't heard anything about it since then lol.
Old 08-04-2013   #8
Grimmy

Will probably be playable at Gamescom, if that's their big announcement.
Old 08-04-2013   #9
Pignoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
All MOBAs are exactly the same. -_- I've never seen the appeal of a game where your account can be banned if your connection drops out too many times.

They look similar but LOL and dota play very differently, completely different feel, they just aren't exactly the same really. I suppose the goal is, but you can that the goal of any sport is to win so, it's similar to any sport in that case.

Think of like, mario compared to sonic, they're both similar, but at the same time very different.

& you cant play the game if you leave, it simply ruins the game for everyone. Think of playing a game of football, and two of your players just leave. Totally imbalances the game. I see your point though.

well anyway, if anyone here plays lol and fels like playing you can add me, my user is 'pignoah'. I play any lane, i can do wharrever. but if you give me zac jungle, we're fucking winning. I promise you that(kinda).

Last edited by Pignoah; 08-04-2013 at 08:02 PM..
Old 08-05-2013   #10
Piggus
Wicked Member

It's just a problem with the genre. One person, even if they lose their connection unintentionally, can ruin a round for everyone and that's annoying. An inexperienced player will just feed the other team points as well so if one person on your team sucks, it's almost impossible for the rest of the team to pick up the slack. It's only fun when everyone is evenly matched otherwise you can predict the outcome of the round within minutes.

My friends played LoL like crazy for a while. Hell I even know a guy who worked for Riot. But what's hilarious is almost every time they'd play, they'd just be pissed off the entire time. Yet they just keep playing it lol. It seems like one of those games that gets you hooked by the competitive nature and the desire to unlock shit rather than actually being fun to play. I'd rather play something where I'm rewarded for my own skill rather than the skill of the team that I'm randomly grouped with.

I haven't played DOTA II yet (just seen videos) so you're right it probably plays differently even though it looked the same lol. Blizzard DOTA on the other hand I couldn't tell the difference at all between it and LoL.

Last edited by Piggus; 08-05-2013 at 02:32 PM..
Old 08-06-2013   #11
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
cancerous genre, ranks up there with mmorpgs
Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #12
Muni5
GTA V Duuudee

Muni5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I played LoL before but not anymore, i got some friends who are still playing LoL, but pretty much everyone is playing Dota 2 now..
Muni5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013   #13
Piggus
Wicked Member

Holy crap, Jap. We actually agree on something?!
Old 08-06-2013   #14
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, it's weird that you could both be simultaneously wrong!

(jk )
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013   #15
Pignoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
It's just a problem with the genre. One person, even if they lose their connection unintentionally, can ruin a round for everyone and that's annoying. An inexperienced player will just feed the other team points as well so if one person on your team sucks, it's almost impossible for the rest of the team to pick up the slack. It's only fun when everyone is evenly matched otherwise you can predict the outcome of the round within minutes.

My friends played LoL like crazy for a while. Hell I even know a guy who worked for Riot. But what's hilarious is almost every time they'd play, they'd just be pissed off the entire time. Yet they just keep playing it lol. It seems like one of those games that gets you hooked by the competitive nature and the desire to unlock shit rather than actually being fun to play. I'd rather play something where I'm rewarded for my own skill rather than the skill of the team that I'm randomly grouped with.

I haven't played DOTA II yet (just seen videos) so you're right it probably plays differently even though it looked the same lol. Blizzard DOTA on the other hand I couldn't tell the difference at all between it and LoL.
I see what you are saying, but I'd argue that every sport is like that. It's better to play with five friends and try and get everyone to a similar skill level. But yeah bad players can hurt a game. They have addressed this in lol to a certain extent with how much gold you get from good players, people who aren't doing too well don't give out as much gold.

I just love the teamwork aspect, when it goes well it feels great.