Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2013   #1
Trashpig
Newbie Member

Trashpig is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Support other video sites... V2

I'm back with more proof why there should be support for other websites.

https://startpage.com/eng/prism-program-exposed.html

I'm not here to attack this site, or the admins, but to voice my serious concerns.

By supporting GOOGLE, we are supporting the spy program. A program that goes against all our our rights to privacy. Youtube is not our friend and it's a real shame that we can't have support for other websites. There are so many alternatives, yet we're locked in to the NSA grip of Google on GTA4-MODS.com

I care about these things. They are a serious threat to our free internet. Google stand for invasion of privacy, and mass surveillance. We need to take back OUR internet.

Please consider adding support for other websites. I know you guys have said NO, but I'm trying to stand up for our rights here. We need a free internet. One that is not ruled by corporations.

Here is a list of alternatives:
  • Upload Society
  • Guba
  • Daily Motion
  • Vimeo
  • Veoh
  • Metacafe
  • ManiaTV
  • ClipShack
  • MotionBox
  • Buzznet.com
  • Break.com
  • Tangle.com
  • Imeem.com
  • LiveLeak.com
  • MyToons

It's more serious than most of us think. This isn't about convenience, it's about our civil liberties and digital freedoms.
Old 07-31-2013   #2
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
I'll look into Vimeo. Mostly so you stop making these threads.
I will not look into any of the other random sites that you mentioned.

I'm not going to remove the Google Analytics tracking on every page of this site (and basically the entire Internet), though, so they're watching you anyway.
Old 07-31-2013   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
OK, we said we'll think about adding extra video websites upon the next, so we'll pick another one or two to be included. The sad news, we don't know when the next major website update will be. There's plenty of other features and tweaks we'd like to make, but it's just time and working through this old engine.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #4
Trashpig
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
I'll look into Vimeo. Mostly so you stop making these threads.
I will not look into any of the other random sites that you mentioned.

I'm not going to remove the Google Analytics tracking on every page of this site (and basically the entire Internet), though, so they're watching you anyway.
I appreciate your considerations, but that tone is a little hard and uncalled for. I wasn't attacking you, or any one on this site. There is no need for the condescension. Just saying.

I'm simply voicing a concern that felt a little ignored the last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_735 View Post
OK, we said we'll think about adding extra video websites upon the next, so we'll pick another one or two to be included. The sad news, we don't know when the next major website update will be. There's plenty of other features and tweaks we'd like to make, but it's just time and working through this old engine.
This is true and I understand. What is the next site? I don't know either, as it seems the internet is shifting right now. Thank you for your considerations as well.
Old 07-31-2013   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Vimeo is now supported
Old 08-03-2013   #6
Trashpig
Newbie Member

Rappo,

I totally appreciate it. I really do! Did you know that Vimeo doesn't support video games?

"You may not upload captures of video games or gameplay, even if edited. Machinima videos with a story are allowed, but must be labeled as such in the video description to avoid accidental deletion."
https://vimeo.com/help/guidelines#uploading_guidelines

I guess all I can do is thank you guys for the effort.

Might just have to bite the bullet and find something new to do. It was fun adding content while it lasted.

Thanks and good luck.
Old 08-25-2014   #7
Trashpig
Newbie Member

Hey guys. I still want to express my thanks for adding Vimeo. I did notice a bug. The video thumbnail doesn't show up on the mod pages. Example.. check here:

http://www.gta4-mods.com/player/animals-pack-f24085

The top left video on the left hand side has no thumbnail. Thanks for your time. I haven't added a video here in a long time, as I just noticed this bug today.

Thanks for reading. Respects.

Last edited by Trashpig; 08-25-2014 at 07:46 PM..
Trashpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #8
rappo
Professional Dumbass

Thanks - it looks like a server configuration was changed. I've contacted our server admin to see if it can be changed back. For now, a default empty image will be shown without that error.
Old 08-26-2014   #9
Trashpig
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Thanks - it looks like a server configuration was changed. I've contacted our server admin to see if it can be changed back. For now, a default empty image will be shown without that error.
Hey Rappo. Thanks a ton mate. Really appreciate all the help you've given me. I really do. Respects