Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013   #1
killrathy1975

killrathy1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
still having taxi bug. or texture fail

Hello everyone.
I'll get right to it.
I have tried 1.0.0.4 and 1.0.0.7 Tried the commmandline fixes and traffic fixes. I've tried A few car packs and just adding a couple cars myself. After only a couple cars and a mission or so with only a couple cars I get the texture fails and freezes during loading. With car packs its far worse.
My system should easily be able to handle a major car pack and then some.
CPU: 1090t 4GHZ 6 core
GPU: 660 Ti 3gig
8gigs of ram
SSD and HDD no difference at all.
990fx asus sabertooth
My system isn't even being taxed at all less than 50 cpu usage and about a gig of vram. about 2 gig ram used for system ram. I've been searching and trouble shooting for days. The vsync and the commandline fixes are the only things I've made headway with. I don't see any improvements from turning graphics way down or up other than less taxi's onscreen without traffic fix.

Am I just expecting too much or is something wrong?
I can play GTAiv with maxed out settings with high rez 1080, and decent framerates 40/240fpswith default files. No vsync because it takes soooo long to load I can't tell if its froze up.
killrathy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #2
aydinei

aydinei is an unknown quantity at this point
My advice friend is, to play missions only with original cars and for fun when just driving free rides to place your moddet cars. I did mod all my cars myself verry carreful, I change 4 door cars with 4 doors cars only and so kind by kind even wagons are replaced with wagon cars and still in the missions I have problems. If we know exactly witch cars are not appearing in the missions and keep them untouched maybe but even then we can have problems playing bowling, pool so best is playing with modddet cars in the end of story just for fun. I make an vehicles archive where all vehicles are changet even the trucks are replaced with sport cars and I drive them all with hours with any problem but seem there is no way to play missions with no problems.
aydinei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #3
killrathy1975

killrathy1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I finally found a pack that seems to be working. and a custom trafficload by alex. The pack is evolved v3. I'm early in the game and no other mods yet, though I've done a couple missions and only had crashes when I tried to crank up the popcycle past 25-50 crashed lol But from 15 to 25 it seems to run perfectly. a little duplicate cars(still annoying) but playable. I've seen several cars a I want to change already but that will come I guess. Anyone know if World textures effect the cars and popins?
killrathy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
(Custom) world textures don't affect the cars but they can slow down performance

buildings popping in last minute (while driving towards them) is usually caused by trafficload
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013   #5
ardvark59
Newbie Member

ardvark59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Taxi Bug Fixed At least for me

Hello everyone, I think I've found a fix for the Taxi Bug. Try this file: I removed the cars from a few of the group zones and that seemed to do the trick at least for me . I have five hi res deloreans installed and taxis were showing up everywhere when I removed the taxi group nothing but trucks were showing up so I figured out what groups they were in and took the vehicles out of them as well I had to remove the reefer from the boat group because it kept spawning on the streets. In all I took all the cars out of the following groups, Docks, Building Site, Taxi, Airport Workers, and Native Zone, and of coarse the reefer from the boat group. Download my file and place it in your GTA IV common\data folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cargrp.zip (1.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by ardvark59; 07-24-2013 at 03:09 PM..
ardvark59 is offline   Reply With Quote