Old 11-11-2012   #1
JonnyReLLo
Newbie Member

JonnyReLLo is an unknown quantity at this point
Police Interaction

From what I've read, the police interaction in this new Grand Theft Auto is going to be much more in-depth compared to previous games.
What are you loving GTA gamers hoping to see in ways of interaction with the police?
Being pulled over and asked for identification, fiving you the option to give ID or shoot the cop, would love to see a wanted system in place where your ID can make the cop aware of crimes you're wanted for.
I"m just looking to dream of the new features to our beloved game franchise.
JonnyReLLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012   #2
Showstopper 26

Showstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished roadShowstopper 26 is on a distinguished road
Good question and it'll be interesting to see where Rockstar goes with it. I personally have no qualms with the current setup, but i'm open to some new ideas and changes.
Showstopper 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #3
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
My only qualm with the current setup is when you are escaping, just as your are about to get out of the hot zone, a freakin' cop car spawns at the next intersection.

I would love it if you can switch cars to lose cops and stuff like that. More evasive action possibilities basically in general is what I want. Not just "drive away" or Pay N Spray.

Also maybe have to hide out of sight if you've got bloody clothes/car. But that might get annoying.

Last edited by masteratt; 11-12-2012 at 04:21 AM..
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #4
GTAV fan
Newbie Member

GTAV fan is on a distinguished roadGTAV fan is on a distinguished roadGTAV fan is on a distinguished road
It would be great if you could choose what to say to a cop to either trick them to let you off the hook or to piss them off even more! Also being able to hide behind an unsuspecting cop's back even when you're wanted would be fun, same as how being able to use stealth killings and throat slitting on cops even when you have a wanted level would be.
GTAV fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #5
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
I liked the wanted system in Driver: Parallel Lines. If all the cops see is your car, they're chasing the car. Ditch the wheels out of sight and the cops aren't after you anymore. If they see you get out, or they see YOU doing something they're after you.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012   #6
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwrebholz View Post
I liked the wanted system in Driver: Parallel Lines. If all the cops see is your car, they're chasing the car. Ditch the wheels out of sight and the cops aren't after you anymore. If they see you get out, or they see YOU doing something they're after you.
I would definitely like something like this implemented. The one thing i really hope they NEVER implement is the speed limit thing back in the old driver games

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #7
sharp_nt6
Newbie Member

sharp_nt6 is on a distinguished roadsharp_nt6 is on a distinguished roadsharp_nt6 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like they are going to use a warrant system, Police dogs and that type of thing. AI drivers that actually are programmed to drive without hidding absolutley everything would be nice though...
sharp_nt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012   #8
element3215
Eat, sleep, Gta!

element3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished roadelement3215 is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't mind a pay your way out of a ticket as long as it's one star. (think midnight club la).
It'd be nice to have the option.
element3215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #9
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
It would be nice to have a one star wanted level that doesn't automatically have the cops shooting at you.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012   #10
PzKpfw VI
Registered Abuser

PzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura aboutPzKpfw VI has a spectacular aura about
What I think they might do, or at least what I'm hoping for is just a more refined system from GTA IV. Dogs would be a great addition, and with them it would make much sense to able to sneak around cops since dogs would be there to sniff you out. Imagine running around the ghetto with cops trying to block you from somewhere while the dogs are after your tail. Sweeeet.
PzKpfw VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013   #11
Runner 500
Police Officer

Runner 500 is on a distinguished roadRunner 500 is on a distinguished road
I hope the wanted level system in GTA V is realistic and professional like in Drive PL and Mafia II
Runner 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013   #12
jwrebholz
Cola-addled Smartass

jwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura aboutjwrebholz has a spectacular aura about
I really don't want to have to worry about being busted for minor traffic violations. I don't want to go everywhere driving like a little old lady.
jwrebholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #13
richm0nkey

richm0nkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
My only qualm with the current setup is when you are escaping, just as your are about to get out of the hot zone, a freakin' cop car spawns at the next intersection.

As annoying as this is it is the realistic way to do things. I have noticed though it is 98% of the time they will dispatch one right at the next intersection. Possibly make it more like 70 or 60 % of the time? Or even have the car spawn one or two intersections away from the closest one to you to make it seem like it actually got dispatched and is still enroute allowing enough time for you to turn at another alley/intersection?\
richm0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #14
darkdevilx

darkdevilx is an unknown quantity at this point
i hope there will be things like running through a red light will alert the cops, driving in the wrong direction also, speeding etc, with sometimes a police car stopping you just for a routine check, like the police cars we saw in gta iv on the freeway they stopped some people with a car and standing behind there car with there trunk open just to check if theres nothing illegal. there are lots of possibilitys they just need to make sure they pick the right ones that are the most fun, and bring more realism to the game but is should not become annoying as for instance if theres a cop around every corner it would not be possible to race through the city without having police on you tail the whole time.
darkdevilx is offline   Reply With Quote