Join Date: Jun 2013
My Thoughts on Police AI
Okay here's my thoughts about GTA V police AI:
- Police will fine or ticket you for minor traffic violations.
- If you resisting arrest, police will still try to arrest you sometimes use force.
- In higher wanted levels in some rooftops there will be an officer who shoots you with a sniper rifle when you on foot or inside a vehicle.
- Police will use advanced driving tactics while chasing the suspect such as PIT Maneuver.
- Police will shoot you only if you point your gun at the officer.
- In higher wanted levels there will be a NOOSE officers who carry riot shield + gun.
- In higher wanted levels there will be a roadblocks not only in the bridges like GTA IV, but on the streets sometimes police will deploy spike trips.
Infinitely Fucked Up
Join Date: Jul 2005
I would rather pay a fine and get the wanted level over and done with than have a potentially perpetual wanted level star for some minor shit I didn't even realize I somehow managed to do and now they just won't leave me the fuck alone. Or, at least be able to surrender, but get to keep all of your shit for not putting up a fight. Hell, bring back police bribe pickups or something, anything.
I don't recall the use of spike strips in IV. At least up to a 3/4 star wanted level. I don't know about 5 or 6 though.
Join Date: Apr 2008
Spike strips would be great if you could see the guy up ahead throw them out on the road, they'd need to be moderately visible and avoidable, otherwise they'd just get really annoying.
If I only have 1 star I'd like to attempt to bribe the police, like you choose how much you want to try to bribe them with, and theres a chance you'll get away with it.
Traffic offences should be like all other GTAs where they have no effect, you'd either have to stop at every red light or constantly have a wanted level.
The crazy cops have always been a staple of the GTA franchise, toning that down for more advanced tactics may take away some of the fun.
Join Date: Nov 2004
yea i can remember the spike strips and i really loved this feature to the game, adds more realism and made it more difficult to get away from the law, imo this wasnt annoying at all if you just payed attention you could actually use this in your own benefit as for instance when followed by 3 or more police car see if theres a cop in the distance ready to throw the strip and at the last moment drive around it so the cops who chase you drive in these spikes, only thing was they still seem to drive pretty darn good and fast, it wasnt a problem at all for them to still keep up with ya, thats the only thing that i think should change :-D
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|