Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013   #31
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
>implying it isn't.

I hate posts like yours. Okay if you think the gameplay isn't good but jesus christ, at least post why instead of being edgy.

Okok thats a fair point, im not a big fan of posts like that either so youre right, that being said i even when i make posts explaining myself i get a whole load of attitude from some people so i felt i 'why bother?'. It wasnt me trying to be edgy, i just got built up for the game and frankly its boring me. Its just so run of the mill, but im guessing the gameplay itself isnt supposed to be the draw.

I just spend most of the time laughing at how poor the ai is, it removes any tension thegame is trying to build. I dont find the emotional weight of things as exciting when compared to games like the walking dead.
Old 06-18-2013   #32
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
It gets better later tbh. The AI is incredible in certain situations, though the one thing that annoys me is the companion AI can be a little dumb and break the immersion when they're literally sprinting around while the room is full of clickers.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #33
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Ill keep playing the world is fantastic and the graphics are gorgeous and that can be enough sometimes.
Old 06-18-2013   #34
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pignoah View Post
Okok thats a fair point, im not a big fan of posts like that either so youre right, that being said i even when i make posts explaining myself i get a whole load of attitude from some people so i felt i 'why bother?'. It wasnt me trying to be edgy, i just got built up for the game and frankly its boring me. Its just so run of the mill, but im guessing the gameplay itself isnt supposed to be the draw.

I just spend most of the time laughing at how poor the ai is, it removes any tension thegame is trying to build. I dont find the emotional weight of things as exciting when compared to games like the walking dead.
Yeah I do agree with the AI to be honest. For example (this is especially true in the beginning) they reacted almost never to the fact that their dead friend's corpse is laying there.

It also has it's good moments though. ie. when they hear you're out of bullets and storm you or try to flank you.

I have to say, it's better when playing through it on hard. It's too easy on normal imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #35
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Been playing through Survivor mode and noticed a few things:

- Less autosaving
- Extremely limited supplies
- No listening mode
- More enemies and AI is less of a pushover

It kind of completely changes the way you approach situations. I recommend everyone gives it a go, though it can get stressful at times.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013   #36
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Finished it last night. A few thoughts...

The opening scene still lingers with me. Apparently is was emotionally difficult for both Troy Baker and the girl who played Sarah when they were doing the death scene. The director had them do it many times to get it perfect.

Here's a screenshot from the documentary:

The final scene with Sam and Henry was really heartbreaking :/

The winter section was absolutely amazing. I was so worried that Joel had actually died yet playing as Ellie was really fun. Probably my favorite section in the game. Also, I had no idea that David was played by Nolan North.

The scene with the giraffe was absolutely beautiful. Only games can create a moment like that like.

The ending was hard to swallow but it was much more "human" than if they had let Ellie die for the possibility of a cure. I recall Joel finding some things suggesting that a cure was far from guaranteed. Overall the ending really played to the selfish human element and it was MUCH more powerful than if one of the characters had died. I was expecting Joel to get shot when running away from the guards while holding Ellie, but I'm glad they didn't go with that.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 06-20-2013   #37
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not gonna buy it until the price drops to about 29.99 or less.
Old 06-20-2013   #38
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
What's the multiplayer like?
Old 06-20-2013   #39
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
mace! havent played multiplayer yet - too much into the single player right now.

i love this game. the developing friendship between ellie and joel is just great to watch.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013   #40
Macey
Registered Whore

Macey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud ofMacey has much to be proud of
I'll let you know when I have it and if it's decent we'll team up. So many memories on Uncharted kicking ass.
Old 06-20-2013   #41
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
mp is similar to uncharted.

but.. GOD DAMN if this game isn't GOTY material. Don't care. Best game of 2013 i've played.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013   #42
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Shhhhhhittttt changed it to easy for one level because I kept getting raped on the last level with no weapons. And now I've got the easy story achievement instead of hard.

But wow, what a game. Comfortably in my top 5 GOAT games. Maybe even my second favourite, Half-Life 1 still edges it though.
That ending, I kind of felt Joel or Ellie needed to die. I know it would've been almost too overwhelming. But Joel to me had finally found someone to connect with, and that was the intriguing part of the game for me, what he had done, who he lost. And after confinding in Ellie I don't know if there's much else for him to do if there eventually is a sequel.

Even more than that it would've stuck with me longer than what actually happened.
Old 06-23-2013   #43
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Been playing through Survivor mode and noticed a few things:

- Less autosaving
- Extremely limited supplies
- No listening mode
- More enemies and AI is less of a pushover

It kind of completely changes the way you approach situations. I recommend everyone gives it a go, though it can get stressful at times.
I turned off listening mode from the start, made things too easy and seemed too much of an exploit to me. I just now finished it on normal, took me a solid 13 hours. It's so much more fun when you play it at midnight with headphones on, and limit yourself to playing a max of 2 hours a day. This is not a game you want to rush through.

Going to try survivor mode now, anyone have any idea what that + mode is? Like normal+ .. is that the normal story with different skins enabled or something?

Well anyways I fucking loved the story, I expected alot from a naughty dog game but this one certainly exceeded my expectation.

Kinda funny how the first bloater took me entire mags to take down, but once you get your hands on a flamethrower or some molotovs he's hardly a threat

Last edited by Killerfist; 06-23-2013 at 06:02 PM..
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013   #44
Piggus
Wicked Member

New Game + is a new game with all of your skills and weapon upgrades from the previous game. Though you still have to find the weapons as you go along. They're not unlocked from the start.

Old 06-23-2013   #45
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Oh I see, that'll make it easier to get those things maxed out
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote