Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013   #16
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
At the same bit as phreak and realm enjoying it too. Graphics are stunning and game play is fun. Uncharted meets metal gear solid is the best comparison I can come up with. Haven't had chance to play it since getting it on Friday but hoping to get a few more hours in over the next few days but also enjoying making it last.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #17
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Victim hurry up and finish so I can talk to someone about the ending!

I will check out the multiplayer tonight, hope it's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #18
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Watched a movie version of the game. 3 hours with cutscenes and random dialogue in the world with some combat. dat ending
Old 06-17-2013   #19
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
I swear.

Quote:
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Old 06-17-2013   #20
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Okay.
Old 06-17-2013   #21
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
Victim hurry up and finish so I can talk to someone about the ending!

I will check out the multiplayer tonight, hope it's good.
Bro, I finished it an hour ago. Took me 18 and a half hours, taking my time and playing on hard.

It certainly was a yarn worthy ending. So much to discuss. I really don't know what to make of it though, I think I need more time to process. I loved how Joel was carrying Ellie, promising everything would be alright, because it was just like how he carried his daughter at the beginning. I kind of thought they were going to get shot but this time he'd die.

I do like how the game ended with Joel lying to her, and such a massive lie it was. I would say Joel is being selfish, but it's quite a good turn, because he was never a "good guy." He was reluctant to form a bond with her because she reminded him of his daughter, and then the bond happened anyway over the course of the game, and there was no way he was going to go through the misery of losing a daughter again. It's kind of sad.

They're releasing a story-based DLC too, I have no idea what it could be. Maybe set a few years later? I really hope this is a standalone title, or if they do make sequels then they are based on entirely different characters in the same world, that would be cool.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #22
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

No Joel/Ellie DLC they said though. Perhaps how his brother returns or something.

It's exactly what I thought as well, when you were carrying her through the hospital, with the music playing and all that. For sure, he is going to get shot. NOPE.AVI

A lot of people are negative and say Joel is selfish/stupid but hey, I would have done the same as him. I think.

Did you guys shoot the doctors by the way? I only shot the one threatening Joel.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2013   #23
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I only shot the main doctor as well. Browsing the internet, apparently if you don't shoot him, Joel guts him with the knife he's holding. I kind of wish I saw that now.

I hope the DLC is a prequel, because I've decided I like the ending and don't want it ruined by some add-on. Well, I've been thinking about it ending some other way and it just doesn't feel right. Might be cool to see Ellie's parents or something like that, we never found out what happened to them, right?

Fuck, I can't sleep. I'm too on edge after finishing this. What's the multiplayer like?
Old 06-17-2013   #24
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Ah damn. I will start my survival playthrough tomorrow. Yeah as far as I remember, we don't know anything about her parents.

I also hope they don't ruin the ending with some DLC. Prequel would be perfect, what happened between those 20 (?) years.

Multiplayer is OK. I just played 5 games. I am not super excited about it but I will try it out some more, it has potential.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2013   #25
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
i enjoy multiplayer. add me -tinyhunt, not like most of us arent gonna play gta together anyway haha

didnt get to play today, roomate had it, but i beat AC3 today. heh.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #26
victim

Quote:
Good fucking game though. Second best of this generation for me. RDR still gets #1
This is exactly how I feel. The more I think about the ending, the more I like it because it makes you think about all the little character nuances, which makes me want to play through again to pick up on things I missed. I got up to the docks on the 'Survivor' difficulty. It's going to get hard. There's no listening mode, so even the smaller confrontations are tense as hell.
Old 06-18-2013   #27
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Some ideas for DLC

1. Have it be completely new characters doing other stuff.
2. Prequel to the main story, featuring Joel and Tess doing their stuff
3. Prequel to the main story, featuring Joel and Tommy in their survival days, when Joel was stealing shit from otherp people like those bandits
4.Joel and Ellie in one of the not shown segments between Summer and Fall, Winter and Spring.
5. Prequel to the main campaign, featuring Bill and Joel, showing why Bill owed Joel a favor

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013   #28
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Does the gameplay ever get good?
Pignoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013   #29
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

>implying it isn't.

I hate posts like yours. Okay if you think the gameplay isn't good but jesus christ, at least post why instead of being edgy.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013   #30
victim

Quote:
Some ideas for DLC

1. Have it be completely new characters doing other stuff.
2. Prequel to the main story, featuring Joel and Tess doing their stuff
3. Prequel to the main story, featuring Joel and Tommy in their survival days, when Joel was stealing shit from otherp people like those bandits
4.Joel and Ellie in one of the not shown segments between Summer and Fall, Winter and Spring.
5. Prequel to the main campaign, featuring Bill and Joel, showing why Bill owed Joel a favor
6. Story alongside the main story, featuring Marlene finding out about Ellie's resistance to the disease and why the Fireflies were blowing up stuff/getting blown up in Boston. It could even continue all the way to her arrival in Salt Lake City.

Imagine like the Catwoman DLC in Arkham City, cutting in during the story at scene changes. Like, after Henry kills himself, we cut to Marlene venturing through a different town towards Salt Lake City.