Old 06-03-2013   #1
dogmeat
Newbie Member

dogmeat is an unknown quantity at this point
London map

Pardon me if I sound like a "noob", but I have been searching for this a while and have only come across 1 abandoned project a few years ago. But why hasn't anyone done a London map mod for Grand Theft Auto 4? Surely everyone has thought of it and there would be enough of a fanbase to do it.

Would there be a way of doing this? Possibly taking resources from the Getaway game for example? Textures? Models? Possibly even sounds/voices for the civilian peds/main character? I'm sure this has been all thought of before, of course but was just wondering why nobody has capitalised on this great potential idea?
dogmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #2
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
The short answer is: it's a lot of work.

You might have heard of GTA IV: San Andreas. It's doing essentially what you're asking about but with the GTA: San Andreas map instead of London. Take a look at the team credits and you'll see there's quite a few people working on it and it started in 2011. They're presumably not working on it full time, but still you'll get an idea of how much effort is involved in something like this.

Using The Getaway like you mention might be possible as the SA project has taken a non-RAGE world and imported it to RAGE, but I really don't know enough about the nitty gritty myself.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote