Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009   #1
doat1

doat1 is on a distinguished roaddoat1 is on a distinguished road
Need help with installing cars in GTA IV

I am new to installing mods for GTA IV but i know how to install mods on GTA VC and some on GTA SA. I plan to only really install cars for GTA IV so can anyone help me with the process and tools i need to install cars?
doat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #2
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
you need SparkIV or OpenIV to install them. Open up "pc\models\cdimages\vehicles.img" and search for the name of the car then press import button and replace with the new one

Edit: create a backup of each original files, they are useful in future

Last edited by behzad_sol; 07-12-2009 at 01:37 PM..
behzad_sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009   #3
doat1

So its the same thing as gta vc and sa, thanks a lot i appreciate it, +rep.
Old 07-12-2009   #4
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

behzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to beholdbehzad_sol is a splendid one to behold
yes it is sir, also thanks for your rep
Old 07-12-2009   #5
doat1

I am glad they kept it the same way and i cannot wait for better zombie mods i hope there is a good team working on one that will be better than all of the zombie mods i have seen for all GTAs.
Old 07-21-2009   #6
darkangel89
Newbie Member

darkangel89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help me! How can i mod GTA IV. i just down mod nissan but when i mod car in gta iv i was renamed fortune.wtd ->pres.wtd. Play game gta so all inside car -> white . Why? Help me!
darkangel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009   #7
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

did you also rename the the fortune.wft to pres.wft?
Old 07-23-2009   #8
doat1

why did you rename the file to pres? I installed the skyline z-tune with original file names and it works fine.
Old 07-23-2009   #9
behzad_sol
Unregistered User

because he wanted to replace another car, not the one its author has recommended
Old 07-23-2009   #10
JinxyBoi
Be nice. =)

JinxyBoi will become famous soon enoughJinxyBoi will become famous soon enoughJinxyBoi will become famous soon enoughJinxyBoi will become famous soon enoughJinxyBoi will become famous soon enoughJinxyBoi will become famous soon enough
Yeah, there are like 5 cars that recommend the replacement of the Sultan RS, lol
JinxyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #11
mitucker
Newbie Member

mitucker is an unknown quantity at this point
hey behzad_sol you seem well skilled in this modding business, I am not completely new I understand car replacements, but I am wondering how to insert a car with its own specifications? Also some other things.. like EPM? the only online tutorial I can find is in german. If you have any info on this it helps, Cheers!
mitucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011   #12
vorpix
Newbie Member

vorpix is an unknown quantity at this point
I really need a HELP

Okay so i installed some skins for cars.I downloaded a car from movie "Tokyo Drift" and i renamed the files .wft and .wtd to sultanrs.wft and sultanrs.wtd. And then i opened SparkIV and installed skins over old SultanRS. When in.game everything looked right, but when i started to drive and i wanted to turn it flipped me over and over. Its like the car wouldn't no weight or like a gravity force?.I mean when i had the OLD SultanRS it worked fine when i turned left or right or when i drifted.But now after i replaced it it was f***** up. For ex. If i turn right, then its gona flip me left on the roof, like big trucks in storms IN-REAL-LIFE. I know i sound stupid but please help! it happened with some cars but i replaced them with another and it worked, but i really want SultanRS as that Mitsubushi car. HELP PLEASE
Thanks! Vorpix

Last edited by vorpix; 05-13-2011 at 03:21 PM..
vorpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011   #13
Prospective
Newbie Member

Prospective is an unknown quantity at this point
because he wanted to replace another car, not the one its author has recommended

So you mean that i can replace comet.wft and comet.wtd that author recommend with infernus.wft and infernus.wtd. And can you explain me better how to do it?
Prospective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011   #14
Twiztid ICP
JRB

Twiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enoughTwiztid ICP will become famous soon enough
@mitucker: if you looking for setups on EMP stuff (like your making/modding a car) Try hitting up
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Kottons_Chop_Shop/index/ Kotton is a pro when it comes to gta.

@vorpix: did you install the handling data? If you some how missed that, it can cause the car to flip easily.
Always make sure when you change the name of a vehicle that you change the name of the handling line as well.

@Prospective: If you looking to install a vehicle that's been prenamed like the comet.wft and comet.wtd, all your have to do is
rename those two files with what ever vehicle you want to replace it with (like your example: "comet.wft and comet.wtd that author recommend with infernus.wft and infernus.wtd") you'll also want to rename the handling lines to match the name of the
vehicle your going to install over. So instead of "Comet" you'll be renaming it to "infernus" same goes for the carcols file, and
the vehicles.ide file.
Twiztid ICP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011   #15
Prospective
Newbie Member

Prospective is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, thx a lot
Prospective is offline   Reply With Quote