Old 02-04-2013   #1
CBPayne

CBPayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Can I Mod GTA 4 episodes?

Hey Im new here. I've never moded any game, and not very gifted at PC file/document management, etc.
Im not an idiot, I know a lot of your PC basics. Anyways I switched from a PS3 to PC for better gaming...I hope, mainly cause i saw GTA mods. So can these mods be used with GTA 4 episodes?

When I open the patch udate Im not sure where to go, cause when open gta game it only brings up the file users music. I may sound dumb here, but Im not...just unenlightened.

Thanks.
CBPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Yeah you can mod the episodes as well, just start by downloading SparkIV and/or OpenIV. You'll need those programs to install most mods, I'd say start with SparkIV .. it's a little more user friendly. Make sure you get the EFLC version of SparkIV if you want to mod the episodes.

The right files are in C:/Program Files/Rockstar games/EFLC not in my documents (or rockstar games/grand theft auto 4 if you are looking for the gta 4 main folder).Make sure you backup everything you replace, most mods replace default files instead of adding files so you'll need the backup incase anything goes wrong or for whenever you want to go back to default.

Now let's say you want to download a weapons mod, just go to gta4-mods.com .. select one you like and download it. When you've downloaded it you should have a .wdr and .wtd file. Open up SparkIV and hit the big 'browse' button, then go to pc/models/cdimages and (for weapons) double click the weapons.img. Now hit the big 'import' button and select that .wtd and .wdr file you've downloaded. If you now scroll down to those files in the list they should be highlighted blue.. indicating they've been replaced. Then just hit 'Save' and exit SparkIV.

That's how you install most mods, for vehicles just go to the vehicles.img , for playeritems go to the playerped.rpf and for pedestrian items just go to componentpeds.img.

Hope this helps, let me know if something is unclear
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013   #3
CBPayne

CBPayne is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried this, but no luck, not your info but this video directions. I messed up the files so I had to redownload the game. Thanks for responding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=cgQmmd30ZlQ
CBPayne is offline   Reply With Quote