Old 02-22-2013   #121
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeyy19 View Post

I wonder what Rockstar have in the works, surely they've known for quite while too that its coming, and yet they are releasing V on PS3 and 360 just months before the PS4 debuts.
I'm putting my money on Agent for some reason.
Old 02-24-2013   #122
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute

GARFIELD, GO BACK TO BED :<

Some pretty nice textures and tessellation going on there. Hopefully this generation will be the end of angular rocks/terrain.

For the sake of comparison, here's Killzone 3 which is a pretty recent game. Note low poly it is and some of the really muddy textures. So imagine how games will look in a couple years...

EDIT: lol

EDIT: lol at the dumb cunt who's mad about me being a "fanboy" because I'm posting known facts about the hardware. Go suck a knob, Xbot.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 02-25-2013 at 10:50 PM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #123
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The system is also set up to run graphics and computational code synchronously, without suspending one to run the other. Norden says that Sony has worked to carefully balance the two processors to provide maximum graphics power of 1.843 teraFLOPS at an 800Mhz clock speed while still leaving enough room for computational tasks. The GPU will also be able to run arbitrary code, allowing developers to run hundreds or thousands of parallelized tasks with full access to the system's 8GB of unified memory. ... The DualShock 4 controller that's standard on the PS4 eliminates one feature that was seldom used on the PS3 —the analog face buttons..
I do hope we can run some type of OS like Linux or something to play with

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...atures-at-gdc/

Quote:
Sony is building its CPU on what it's calling an extended DirectX 11.1+ feature set, including extra debugging support that is not available on PC platforms. This system will also give developers more direct access to the shader pipeline than they had on the PS3 or through DirectX itself. "This is access you're not used to getting on the PC, and as a result you can do a lot more cool things and have a lot more access to the power of the system," Norden said. A low-level API will also let coders talk directly with the hardware in a way that's "much lower-level than DirectX and OpenGL," but still not quite at the driver level.The development environment coders will use is based on Windows 7 and fully integrated with Visual Studio 2010 and 2012, allowing developers to debug PS4 code just like PC code. Tools will include C and C++ front ends that are largely compatible with most standard compilers, and various binary utilities, including CPU and GPU analyzers that can run in real time alongside games. Development houses will also be able to distribute tool and version updates to multiple dev kits more easily through a tool integrated into Windows Explorer.
I think this means we can legally execute entire dev staffs for making insufficient PC ports now

Last edited by Xan; 03-28-2013 at 09:47 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #124
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
PS4 is looking more and more awesome as more details are revealed. Microsoft have to pull off something extravagant to have a foot in the market now. They're probably going to charge the same price for a (rumoured) weaker system, with another fee for online play, anyone with any sense will remind themselves, "fuck that."
Old 03-29-2013   #125
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Well well well...

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 03-29-2013   #126
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
^ that better be true
Old 03-29-2013   #127
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Hi, I cb FUUUUUCKED reading this whole thing. But are they going ahead with that thing where they lock your game to your ps4? Because that will fuck a whole lot of shit up. Also no backwards compatibility.

Can someone plz clear that up?
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #128
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Google mothafucka, do you use it

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013   #129
Piggus
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilty.by.association View Post
Hi, I cb FUUUUUCKED reading this whole thing. But are they going ahead with that thing where they lock your game to your ps4? Because that will fuck a whole lot of shit up. Also no backwards compatibility.

Can someone plz clear that up?
No, the dumb motherfuckers at Microsoft are the ones likely locking games to your system/account based on leaked documentation.

Traditional backwards compatibility isn't supported for PS4 since it's pretty much impossible to emulate Cell even on high end PC CPUs. And it's not practical to include the PS3 hardware because of cost. That's one reason why the BC PS3s were so expensive... Because there was basically a PS2 on the motherboard as well.

There will be BC in the form of streaming kinda like OnLive down the line but hang onto your PS3. Neither system is likely to support BC due to the switch from the PowerPC architecture to x86-64.

Old 03-29-2013   #130
guilty.by.association
Registered Loser

guilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond reputeguilty.by.association has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, I hated that when I got my ps3 I lost all my games...... I wasn't able to play San Andreas for like a year. Until it was released on PSN and now I play it every day. I will definitely keep my PS3 because I love my games on it and I would have pretty much no games on ps4.

New GTA will be on PS3 anyway so it's all good. I will probably wait ages before I buy a new console. Let the prices drop a bit and enjoy all my games at the moment.

I wish PSN stored all console games then I could get a new console and just download all the older games. But they only have selected top sellers.
guilty.by.association is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #131
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...rk_.php?page=1

UTTERLY AMAZING, 2007, this was before GTA IV and MGS4 were even out, hell, this was during the PS3 HAS NO GAEMS phase when Cerny took on the task to design the PS4. I'm really liking how open he's being about all of this and how much Kaz has just let him do what he thinks right, I really hope this pays off for Sony.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013   #132
Piggus
Wicked Member

Mark Cerny is really awesome. Probably the best guy to be behind the hardware since he's so focused on developers.

New video today featuring the controller as well. Nothing too new, but this PS4 logo thing was cool. Possible PS4 startup animation?

Old 04-25-2013   #133
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
I would enjoy seeing that on a regular basis.
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #134
Piggus
Wicked Member

Lawl. Some good Gaf gifs starting to show up.

Old 05-08-2013   #135
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
So a week before the Xbox show, Sony will be doing this:

Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote