Old 02-21-2013   #106
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
That too.

I'm redownloading inFAMOUS on my PS3 now. Got it for free back during that whole security breech debacle. Never really gave it much of a try. Hopefully I dig it and it adds more variety to games to get hyped about.

@ Piggus - Adam Sessler's got some PS4 stuff on his Rev3 channel if you're interested.

Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #107
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
That too.

I'm redownloading inFAMOUS on my PS3 now. Got it for free back during that whole security breech debacle. Never really gave it much of a try. Hopefully I dig it and it adds more variety to games to get hyped about.
InFAMOUS was a good game, InFAMOUS 2 didn't really do anything different and therefore I didn't really enjoy it as much, but this new one looks like it might be worth keeping an eye on.

I wonder what Rockstar have in the works, surely they've known for quite while too that its coming, and yet they are releasing V on PS3 and 360 just months before the PS4 debuts.
Old 02-21-2013   #108
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe the next Red Dead? Or something new? *shrug*

Well so much for inFAMOUS. It finished downloading but it keeps wanting to install it on a PSP/Vita and asks me to plug one in. Not sure what the hell.

edit: got it to work. had to redownload by going through account management instead of through the psn. looked it up and it's a known issue with those free games they offered.

Last edited by Zero; 02-21-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Old 02-21-2013   #109
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
So apparently the 8 GBs of GDDR5 was added in the last month. 0_0 that's crazy. A lot of devs didn't even know about it. That means most of the games we saw were built around 3.5 GBs of ram rather than ~7 GBs. Can't wait to see what they can do using that entire memory pool.

GDDR5 comes in 512 mb chips. So that means they had to add 8 chips to the system. There's no way they'd be able to do that AND make major design adjustments within a month. So don't expect to actually see the system until E3.

@Zero: thanks mang. Will watch later

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #110
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
So apparently the 8 GBs of GDDR5 was added in the last month. 0_0 that's crazy. A lot of devs didn't even know about it. That means most of the games we saw were built around 3.5 GBs of ram rather than ~7 GBs. Can't wait to see what they can do using that entire memory pool.

GDDR5 comes in 512 mb chips. So that means they had to add 8 chips to the system. There's no way they'd be able to do that AND make major design adjustments within a month. So don't expect to actually see the system until E3.

@Zero: thanks mang. Will watch later
was there any mention of what prompted the jump from 3.5 - 8?
Old 02-21-2013   #111
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Probably a combination of developer input (PS4 had huge input from dozens of developers starting back in 2008) and the fact that Microsoft will also use 8 GBs of RAM. Even 4 GBs of GDDR5 is better than the crappy DDR3 Microsoft will use (DDR3 is significantly slower than GDDR5 but quite a bit cheaper) but to someone who isn't tech savvy, 8 > 4 is all that matters. They probably found a cheaper way to make 8 GBs of GDDR5 work without the huge costs. For reference, Titan, the fastest most expensive video card you can buy "only" has 6 GBs of GDDR5.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 02-21-2013   #112
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Just Add Water confirm again they're working on something for the PS4:
Quote:
By now you’ll have eagerly lapped up all the information from the Sony PlayStation announcement. You’ll have seen our name in the list of confirmed developers. We’re delighted to finally be able to tell you that JAW are developing for the Sony PlayStation 4. We can’t talk about what we’re working on just yet. Just be assured it’ll be worth the wait.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #113
Piggus
Wicked Member

GIF TIIIEEEM

The detail of Killzone is pretty crazy... Especially the rubble:

compared to Uncharted 2:

Last edited by iKlipse; 02-21-2013 at 07:53 PM..
Old 02-21-2013   #114
Zero
Veteran Member

my browser put those in a spoiler tag at least?

imagine the next naughty dog title on the ps4 *drool*

edit: ohman just realized bethesda are workin on fallout 4 so that'll be on ps4 too. i'm so hyped.
Old 02-21-2013   #115
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Damnit Piggus! You broke the internet with that post!

Old 02-21-2013   #116
Piggus
Wicked Member

lol get a better computer you peasants.

Digital Foundry just posted their spec analysis:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df...-playstation-4

Old 02-21-2013   #117
Legham
a.k.a, Fosters Breath

Legham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond reputeLegham has a reputation beyond repute
There's no Naughty Dog on that list of developers. Is it meant to be complete or what?

Also, Mojang are there! And Spry Fox :3
Legham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #118
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I will admit, the PS4 is looking very impressive. It's too bad I could never get into my PS3. I retired that thing away to the closet about a year ago. I still want to see what MS has up their sleeve but I won't be surprised if I end up buying the new Playstation first.
Old 02-22-2013   #119
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legham View Post
There's no Naughty Dog on that list of developers. Is it meant to be complete or what?

Also, Mojang are there! And Spry Fox :3
It's only the first party list, Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, iCE TEAM, etc, are all being saved for E3.

Huh, so Europe didn't get that $10 on PSN, instead it was absorbed into our PlayStation Plus, so next month we get:
- Mass Effect 3
- Dead Or Alive 5
- Joe Danger 2
- MGS HD Collection

...I was going to buy DOA5 when it got cheap to!

Last edited by Ash_735; 02-22-2013 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013   #120
Piggus
Wicked Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
I will admit, the PS4 is looking very impressive. It's too bad I could never get into my PS3. I retired that thing away to the closet about a year ago. I still want to see what MS has up their sleeve but I won't be surprised if I end up buying the new Playstation first.
Well, PS4 will also have an advantage for third party games. So even if you don't like Sony first party stuff there's still that. Unless you really love Halo and Kinect I don't see much of a reason to get the next Xbox unless they spend a ton on moneyhatting devs for exclusive content.

It's not like this gen where the Xbox has a slight advantage when it comes to third party games. The architectures of the new systems are nearly identical, but the PS4 is quite a bit more powerful. Microsoft is including Kinect 2.0 in every box meaning they can't devote the same resources to the RAM and GPU that Sony is.