Old 02-19-2013   #46
Sasha

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
If the PS4 is all about downloading games from PSN or streaming them, they can shove the console down their dickhole.
Fucking stealing my word bro?
Old 02-19-2013   #47
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse View Post
If the PS4 is all about downloading games from PSN or streaming them, they can shove the console down their dickhole.
Well, think about it. PSN/XBL store games sales do pretty well. Plus they know the success and popularity of Steam on PC. They could save a lot by not producing physical copies. We could even start seeing more console sales like Steam typically has.

It is kind of a bummer from the consumers point because I'm sure, like some of you, I too enjoy having and seeing my physical copies lined on a shelf (or wherever you have yours).

But the change is inevitable. You gotta hop on board with these new ideas or you're just gonna make yourself miserable. It's really not too bad. Biggest downside is some internet providers (including my own) are still not aware of how much internet people use nowadays. HD streaming and the such. And they're behind technologically, which is a shame.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #48
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Physical copies aren't going anywhere. Both PS4 and the next Xbox have optical drives.

Today's video is about the games. Big emphasis on Gran Turismo and "non-traditional" games. Maybe we'll see a glimpse of GT6?

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #49
Zero
Veteran Member

Zero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond reputeZero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggus View Post
Physical copies aren't going anywhere. Both PS4 and the next Xbox have optical drives.
I didn't mean it as if by this next gen it was forcing it to a complete stop. Just that there's really no reason to continue producing physical copies of games. Just allow consoles for larger/interchangeable HDD's.
Old 02-19-2013   #50
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
True for some people. But for people in third world countries like Australia where they have 20 Gb bandwidth caps, it would suck. Also harder for people to give games as gifts, and many people prefer having that physical game like you said. You can share it, sell it, whatever. Well, MS might block use games but I doubt Sony will.

The Australia thing was a joke so CALM DOWN shrimp lovers

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Old 02-19-2013   #51
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
I like physical copies, it would feel wierd to me paying more than about 20 for something that I can't physically be handed in return for my cash, also currently full games on the PSN are ridiculously overpriced, for A lot of games, it cost about 150% of the retail price to buy games as downloads from Sony.
Old 02-19-2013   #52
Zero
Veteran Member

Which is why I'll almost never pay the full $60 price for the digital copies. Unless it's from a series I really enjoy. Charging the full $60 is just so jewey.

And as much as I enjoy the physical copies of games; they're sure lacking nowadays. Used to come with a poster and a thick booklet of info. Now it's just an empty case with the disc. Unless you're paying $30+ for a CE (which have also been either lacking or fucking over-the-top bonkers).
Old 02-20-2013   #53
Piggus
Wicked Member

:0 Sign into PSN on your PS3, y'all. Sony is giving away $10 in PSN credit.

Microsoft gives you 25 cents in credit for your birthday. Lol

edit: US only it seems, so check your US account if you have one.

Last edited by Piggus; 02-20-2013 at 02:29 AM..
Old 02-20-2013   #54
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Only for "loyal" customers in the US, my US account is hardly used so I haven't got it, why no love for the rest of the world Sony?
Old 02-20-2013   #55
Zero
Veteran Member

Quote:

Where do you go to get it? I went into the PSN store and - nothing.
Old 02-20-2013   #56
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Someone's feeling left out

Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013   #57
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Which is why I'll almost never pay the full $60 price for the digital copies. Unless it's from a series I really enjoy. Charging the full $60 is just so jewey.

And as much as I enjoy the physical copies of games; they're sure lacking nowadays. Used to come with a poster and a thick booklet of info. Now it's just an empty case with the disc. Unless you're paying $30+ for a CE (which have also been either lacking or fucking over-the-top bonkers).
>tfw you used to read the booklet on your way home.

I hope this conference is up for download tomorrow morning, cant stay up D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013   #58
Jay
(V) (;,,;) (V)
Wicked Member

Jay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond reputeJay has a reputation beyond repute
I can't remember the last time I purchased a physical copy of a game.

I can buy steam CD keys online much cheaper than any retail store can offer.
Old 02-20-2013   #59
Zero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
>tfw you used to read the booklet on your way home.

I hope this conference is up for download tomorrow morning, cant stay up D:
They have archived videos up on their streaming site.

They're also broadcasting 'watching it Live' on your PS3. But it's through the internet "browser" on the PS3. And you're bombarded with certificate notifications. Once you get through 3-4 of them - it doesn't work. lol
Old 02-20-2013   #60
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
IT IS TIME Motherfuckers.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote