Old 01-04-2013   #1
50percentJoe

50percentJoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Player mod for EFLC

Hey! I'm just recently getting back into modding GTA, its been ages... Literally a few years even. I've been starting small and trying to make a few character mods, I saw people posting things like, "You can't use this mod in place of Luis for EFLC." and such. I took that as a challenge!

Right now I have 2 almost totally completed character mods... Sort of, I haven't gotten permission yet, but I think from what I've figured out I've made a fairly functional way to do Niko or any Niko based mod over Luis. I'm sure other people have figured out that you can just replace the 3 files labeled, "player" in the payerped file.

So... as of right now I've used Niko with a combination of the Leon Kennedy head mod to make a fully functional Leon replacement for Johnny and Luis. Luis barely took 5 minutes to make work and look mostly right, Luis has been more work. The good news, you don't have to replace a single animation file, its only the playerped file.

So anyways, this is the snag I've run into... Everything about the Luis mod works awesome, I have all the outfits redone and moving correctly, the issue is that I have no way to rig the Parachute to look right. Its a stretchy mess using the Player files from Niko, even though the rest looks great! I'll be posting pictures this evening after work. Figured I'd toss this out there if anyone had any advice.
50percentJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #2
Homyans
Vault Boy!

Homyans is on a distinguished roadHomyans is on a distinguished roadHomyans is on a distinguished roadHomyans is on a distinguished road
Hey I can't help you but Ac.Amir can, here is his website:
gtaiv-skins.blogspot.com
Homyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #3
50percentJoe

Boom, finally got a screen shot of all of the new Luis outfits, well all except the fight club out fit, I made that a plane shirt. Basically just used what I picked up in a few seconds to Leon the main character for any of the 3 GTA4 story modes. Still needs some tweaking. I was able to get him moving totally normal though with all 3 characters animations.

Old 01-05-2013   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Isn't this basically what you mean? http://www.gta4-mods.com/player/niko...t-fixed-f12325

That replaces Luis by Niko therefor enabling all mods made for Niko in TBOGT
Killerfist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #5
50percentJoe

Unfortunately upon closer examining his mod, they missed a really key element... The animations for the TBOGT weapons. I've found a way to port over Niko to either EFLC character and there are no worries about animation. Meaning there's no worries to have about the game crashing when you equip a gun like the aa12.

You see in his, he tried to replace the entire Anim.img, with what I'm doing, you don't even have to touch the animation files... Like this is totally and 100% only modification to the player.ped file. No script or anim alteration required.
Old 01-05-2013   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Okay cool, nice job
Killerfist is online now   Reply With Quote