Old 11-26-2012   #1
LadyKnight

LadyKnight is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Adding cars to your game

So I have a few questions about adding cars to your game, I have downloaded a few cars from this site and I use GTA IV vehicle mod installer to put them into my game, now one of my questions are when a download says it "replaces" so & so car do you HAVE to replace that particular car with the downloaded car for it to work properly or can you replace any car you want with any downloaded car?? and the second question.... is there anything that needs to be done when adding the car into your game to get it work right?? cause I see all these comments about handling.dat and since i'm not very familiar with messing around with the files I don't do anything but just let the vehicle mod installer add the cars to my game..they seem to work just fine, but finding them can be a problem sometimes since I don't use a spawner to instantly spawn vehicle...and also I noticed at the current moment I only have 2 installed mod cars and when I'm driving 1 of them that is all I see is the car i'm driving (which is the 2012 Chevy Camaro..awesome car BTW) they are everywhere, it seems every car is that or a taxi..I did read somewhere that if you have too many installed cars there is a glitch that can make that happen but I only have 2...wondering if I did something wrong?? sorry for the longwinded post but I just would appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer...thank you much...and GTA IV ROCKS!! can't wait for V...woohoo
LadyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
- Yes you can replace any given car but it's best to replace the car the author intended. Editing the handling.dat is pretty eays, just open it up with notepad and adjust the lines accordingly. I'd recommend always doing that because you'll have problems with the car flipping over if you don't do it.

- What you said about taxis is called the taxi-bug indeed, it can happen even if you only have 1 custom car so don't worry it's not just you. There are some taxibug fixes out there, try google or try one of those citycars packs on gta4-mods.com (they usually combine their packs with a taxibug fix). I won't guarantee that they'll work, but there's a big chance they'll atleast reduce the problem.

If you still need a vehicle spawner, just get simple native trainer. It's the easiest to use and has the most functions (also alot of other functions).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012   #3
LadyKnight

LadyKnight is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Thank you very much Killerfist for replying, you have been very helpful indeed! you are kind but out of all the cars I think the super GT handles the best so is it possible to just copy the handling.dat of that car and use it with other cars? as far as that taxi bug thing it doesn't really bother me that much was just wanting to know if there was something wrong with my game but as per your comment I see it's just one of those normal bugs. and I will look into that simple native trainer, thank you for that info.
LadyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
No problem, but no the handling doesn't work that way. You should really just copy the lines from the readmes of the cars you download, not absolutely sure but I don't think it'll work out well if you copy the GT lines to let's say a camaro. The structure of the car is probably not built for such easy handling, but you can always try it out and see for yourself what the results are. Just make sure you backup your files in case you mess something up
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote