Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2012   #1
Kiwi2703

Kiwi2703 is an unknown quantity at this point
GTA IV won't start with script mods

Hello!
I have a retail version of GTA IV and since I've got a new PC I wanted to try the ultra graphics modded GTA IV. The problem is that whenever I paste some mods and scripts in GTA IV folder (for example iCEnhancer or RealizmIV), the game won't start. I click "play" in RGSC, GTAIV.exe is running in processes but the game just won't start. I tried scripthook, asi loaders, modding unlockers.. but nothing works. Can somebody help me with this? Thanks! Cheers
Kiwi2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
- Try updating to the latest patch, modding unlocker is no longer required (it's only for the earlier patches)
- Make sure you have the correct version of scripthook and an asiloader (xliveless.dll or dsound.dll)

Scripthook and the asiloader belong in the main folder, most script mods belong in the 'scripts' folder (just read the readme and it should say where to place what).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012   #3
Kiwi2703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
- Try updating to the latest patch, modding unlocker is no longer required (it's only for the earlier patches)
- Make sure you have the correct version of scripthook and an asiloader (xliveless.dll or dsound.dll)

Scripthook and the asiloader belong in the main folder, most script mods belong in the 'scripts' folder (just read the readme and it should say where to place what).
Thanks for the response! I already tried dsound.dll, but after I put that one file into the game folder, the game just doesn't start! About xliveless - does that mean I can't play LIVE with any script mod?
Also, I am pretty sure I have the latest version because LIVE updates it itself...
Old 11-17-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
xliveless.dll will disable the GFWL interface indeed

Maybe you just ended up with the wrong version, try these (Something I put on mediafire myself, worked for alot of people that were having the same issues):
http://www.mediafire.com/?mkd87cns1jr85cu

IŽll leave it up to you wether or not you want to use those 'trainer' files (for simple native trainer) but in that package are the required files for scriptmods for 1.0.7.0. (latest patch). Remove any other scripthook or asiloader file you have first though
Old 11-17-2012   #5
Kiwi2703

Quote:
xliveless.dll will disable the GFWL interface indeed

Maybe you just ended up with the wrong version, try these (Something I put on mediafire myself, worked for alot of people that were having the same issues):
http://www.mediafire.com/?mkd87cns1jr85cu

IŽll leave it up to you wether or not you want to use those 'trainer' files (for simple native trainer) but in that package are the required files for scriptmods for 1.0.7.0. (latest patch). Remove any other scripthook or asiloader file you have first though
Thanks, your upload works fine for me! Does that mean I should now be able to run any script mod?
Because It gives me fatal error after I install realizmIV..
Also the game still doesn't start after I put enbseries mod dll file into the game folder.. same with the iCEnhancer...

Last edited by Kiwi2703; 11-17-2012 at 02:09 PM..
Old 11-17-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

realizmIV and Icenhancer are not scriptmods, make sure you have one that works for your patch

Try this one for example http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenha...phic-mod-f9503 (use the beta version for 1.0.7.0./EFLC).

I hope you made a backup though, because if you replaced any files (with that Realism or Icenhancer) you should place back the backup before installing a new graphics mod.
Old 11-17-2012   #7
Kiwi2703

Quote:
realizmIV and Icenhancer are not scriptmods, make sure you have one that works for your patch

Try this one for example http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenha...phic-mod-f9503 (use the beta version for 1.0.7.0./EFLC).

I hope you made a backup though, because if you replaced any files (with that Realism or Icenhancer) you should place back the backup before installing a new graphics mod.
Yes, after each unsuccessful mod patch I always copy the original files back (after I reinstalled the game 3 times in a row I became somehow tired of it, so I made a backup).
Thanks for the tip, I will try the mod and let you know if it worked

Well, it doesn't work. The game just won't start with the icenhancer you recommended...

Any idea what to do next? :/

Last edited by Kiwi2703; 11-17-2012 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: auto-merged double post
Old 11-17-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

What other mods do you have installed?

You are launching the game through the launcher right?
Old 11-17-2012   #9
Kiwi2703

No mods. It's a clean installation. Just the things you uploaded and posted here. Yes, I am launching it via launcher. I click play, a disc cursor appears for a few seconds, then GTAIV.exe appears in processes, but the game doesn't start.
However I was able to run this mod: http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/realit...ycle-mod-f7929
It's probably because It doesn't put anything in the root folder. When I tried other mod (for 1.0.7.0) that put files like d3dx9.dll in the root folder, the game didn't start.
Old 11-17-2012   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

So if I understand correctly those files are causing the problem? The game starts when you remove those script files (dsound.dll, scripthook etc)?

If so try right-click on your GTAIV (in the main folder) go to details and check which version you have. It'll probably be 1.0.7.0. but just to rule out you having the wrong patch (since those files work for me).
Old 11-17-2012   #11
Kiwi2703

It is 1.0.7.0.
And the dsound.dll and scripthook files are not causing the problems. I can run the game with them (with the ones you gave me link for). The problem are mods that put shaders and other dll files into root folder, I suppose.
Old 11-17-2012   #12
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

That's odd..

That one I linked you to, it had no problems installing? You just dragged and dropped those files inside the main folder (C:/ program files (x86)/rockstar games/Grand Theft Auto 4).

Not sure what the problem is here, you can always try a few other ENB's ofcourse. But that one I gave you should work (if you used the files from the beta folder).
Old 11-17-2012   #13
Kiwi2703

That's odd indeed :/
Yes, I pasted your files inside the root folder and it works fine.
I also tried other graphics mod for 1.0.7.0 and it didn't work... I have also done some testing now with one graphics mod (CryEnb 7 for 1.0.7.0) which also put many files into the root folder - the game didn't start, but when I removed the dll files (d3d9.dll) from the root folder, the game DID start (however the mod looked weird; not as it was supposed to).

PS: I don't know if it matters, but just for information: my GTA IV is installed in other folder than the default one (program files). I also have 64-bit system (win 7).
Old 11-17-2012   #14
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Being installed in a different folder should be no problem, just make sure you're not accidentally messing around in your documents folder (in which your savegames and custom music are located).

I'm at my wits end here though, not sure what that file (d3d9.dll) does and why it would be causing problems. I'd suggest trying a few different ENB's (and maybe you'll find that one works fine without that file).
Old 11-17-2012   #15
Kiwi2703

I have actually tried the highest rated ENB mods already but the game just didn't start with any of them... even with the ones that were tested ONLY with 1.0.7.0 so I don't have a clue why I cannot run them...
I think the d3d9 and d3dx9.dll files have something to do with DirectX. But my wits end here too... :/
Well it looks like I will have to find mods that don't put files in the root folder...
Thanks for the responses though, you've been a help to me. If anything other comes to your mind, please reply!