Old 11-15-2012   #1
Guestie

Guestie is an unknown quantity at this point
Mods crash my game

Okay so I was going to give up with trying to use mods but I will use this post as my last try. I have GTAIV on steam.

I have tried to change a texture of a car only using the latest patch of the game and on loadup I would crash upon loading my save. After messing around a bit (Idk what I did) I was able to change the infernus to some other model but I would still crash after 2 mins of playing the game. My game works fine without any texture changes or anything. I followed the post which is stickied about modding to do all of this by the way, so you know what I actually did with my game files etc.

I then tried reverting my game to 1.0.4 using a guide on these forums once again. The game ran fine without anything added. I then tried to add the Realistic car pack(the most downloaded one on here I will put a link if needed after I have finished writing this) and my game would once again crash upon loading my save. I installed "GTA IV Asi loader v1.0.2b", "gta-iv-net-scripthook-v0893-beta" and Spark IV (the correct version for 1.0.4).

I currently have a fresh install of the most recent patch on Steam as I did backup everything. Game works fine right now without anything added.

Any help would be appreciated.
Guestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
When you installed those cars, did you load an existing save game every time? You can try installing a few custom cars and then starting a new game. If you replace some cars that are parked outside your appartment the game tends to freeze up when loading that save game.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #3
Guestie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
When you installed those cars, did you load an existing save game every time? You can try installing a few custom cars and then starting a new game. If you replace some cars that are parked outside your appartment the game tends to freeze up when loading that save game.
Okay thanks. I'm new to this, never done anything like this with the previous games so is there any chance you could provide the names of every tool that I need to actually be able to run mods/scripts? The website is very confusing because there is so many tools that have similiar names/do the same thing I really don't know which ones I actually need. Also, if I am on the most recent steam patched version of the game, what version is that?
Old 11-15-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
1.0.7.0. is the most recent version

To run scripts you'll need scripthook and an asiloader (dsound.dll or xliveless.dll). To install vehicles/weapons/player items you'll need OpenIV or SparkIV (but you probably already knew that).

For some links and a good first script to start with I'd suggest downloading this: http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/simp...rsion-64-f2115

There are some links to files you need in the readme, and the trainer itself is really fun to use and quite handy
Old 11-15-2012   #5
Guestie

Quote:
1.0.7.0. is the most recent version

To run scripts you'll need scripthook and an asiloader (dsound.dll or xliveless.dll). To install vehicles/weapons/player items you'll need OpenIV or SparkIV (but you probably already knew that).

For some links and a good first script to start with I'd suggest downloading this: http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/simp...rsion-64-f2115

There are some links to files you need in the readme, and the trainer itself is really fun to use and quite handy
Okay thank you very much for spending the time to help out, much appreciated. I'm gonna backup my game(Again) and give it another shot :p

EDIT: Also, with 1.0.7 I don't need to edit the Filelist.pak with a patcher right? I just make my folder so it isn't read only or am I wrong thinking that?
Old 11-15-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

No you're right, no need to use that patcher

Let me know if you run into any other problems
Old 11-15-2012   #7
Guestie

Which version of Scripthook/asi loader should I be getting?
Old 11-16-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

I'll make it easy for you since I have this on mediafire anyway:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mkd87cns1jr85cu

Just drag and drop those files in your main folder and you should be all set (it has an asiloader, scripthook and simple native trainer).
Old 11-16-2012   #9
Guestie

Quote:
I'll make it easy for you since I have this on mediafire anyway:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mkd87cns1jr85cu

Just drag and drop those files in your main folder and you should be all set (it has an asiloader, scripthook and simple native trainer).
Thank you a lot, I must have been using an asiloader/scripthook that doesn't work together or that was broken because no scripts would load in-game. Everything is working
Old 11-16-2012   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

No problem