Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012   #1
profsim

profsim is an unknown quantity at this point
Crashes while using mods

I have about 12 scripts & lots of texture mods with enb running. It seems to crash about every 15 minutes, sometimes I can play for over an hour but it eventually crashes.
Is this just something you have to live with when playing a modded GTA 4 or can this be fixed?

I am running 1.0.4.0

Last edited by profsim; 01-11-2012 at 02:02 AM..
profsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
In my experience texturemods usually instantly shut down your game (before even beginning) or don't shut down ur game at all (when working properly) so I'm guessing the problem lays in the scriptmods. If I were you I would remove every script mod you got, then check if the game runs okay. If it does.. place back some script (it's best if you do it 1 by 1) and just see if it keeps running okay.. u'll run into the script that causes the issue eventually.

It might help if you name some scripts you got , there could be some scripts that can't be installed at the same time (conflicting scipts)
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012   #3
profsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist666 View Post
It might help if you name some scripts you got , there could be some scripts that can't be installed at the same time (conflicting scipts)
Abandoned Vehicle Cleanup by Prof_Farnsworth
Ambient Fire Inspection by Prof_Farnsworth
Arrest Warrant by AngryAmoeba
Bank Account by AngryAmoeba
Crash Injury by BR_Goianiense
Home Invasion Mod by HippieCommunist
Robbery Mod by HippieCommunist
Traffic Lights Fix by Jitsuin
Visible Armor by Jitsuin
Weapon Storage by AngryAmoeba
Weapon Weight by AngryAmoeba

BTW thanks for the help
Old 01-11-2012   #4
corporalvenus

corporalvenus is on a distinguished roadcorporalvenus is on a distinguished roadcorporalvenus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by profsim View Post
Abandoned Vehicle Cleanup by Prof_Farnsworth
Ambient Fire Inspection by Prof_Farnsworth
Arrest Warrant by AngryAmoeba
Bank Account by AngryAmoeba
Crash Injury by BR_Goianiense
Home Invasion Mod by HippieCommunist
Robbery Mod by HippieCommunist
Traffic Lights Fix by Jitsuin
Visible Armor by Jitsuin
Weapon Storage by AngryAmoeba
Weapon Weight by AngryAmoeba

BTW thanks for the help
of those scripts the only one that's known to crash for me is ambient fire inspection. but that hasn't happened in the longest. does your game crash after vehicles explode? that's usually a taletell sign it's ambient fire inspection. i think it has to do with the spawning. try running without that script and causing explosions and see what happens.
corporalvenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012   #5
profsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalvenus View Post
of those scripts the only one that's known to crash for me is ambient fire inspection. but that hasn't happened in the longest. does your game crash after vehicles explode? that's usually a taletell sign it's ambient fire inspection. i think it has to do with the spawning. try running without that script and causing explosions and see what happens.
My game never crashes during heavy gunfire or explosions. It crashes at mundane parts of the game.
Old 01-12-2012   #6
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Seem like stable scripts to me.. if it crashes in just regular parts of Gta I would try removing 'abandoned vehicle cleanup' I don't have any experience with that script but to me it would seem the most logical explanation , because most of the other scripts would.. logically thinking.. crash when doing a specific action like going to your appartment (weapon storage script) or being pulled over by a cop (arrest warrant).

If that doesn't work try what I said before
Old 11-15-2012   #7
berandyn

berandyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Crashing

Right now I'm running
Ultimate Fuel Mod
Mechanic Mod
Traffic Control Mod

I have about 12 cars changed in the game and my computer is more then able to run this game.
As I drive onto a bridge my game crashes and once when I was saving the game. Any solution?
berandyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012   #8
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Try starting a new game, sometimes parked cars in an existing savegame can cause problems when you replace those cars with custom ones.
Old 11-15-2012   #9
berandyn

I'm at a fairly starting part in the game. I just changed all my cars back and took out my scripts. Still crashed

Could It be because of ICEnhancer?
Old 11-15-2012   #10
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Depends on which version of the game you're running

Did you backup your game before installing any mods? Just in case
Old 11-15-2012   #11
berandyn

I did not. But I'm using steam so I'm just gonna revalidate the game. I'm running the newest version. The one with the 7. I think I downloaded an old version of ICEnhance and that's why I'm crashing. Going to try a newer realistic mod and see if I can play
Old 11-15-2012   #12
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Try this one: http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenha...phic-mod-f9503

It has a beta version for 1.0.7.0./EFLC you can use (I'm using the same one). Some think it's too bright but I quite like it, I can post a few screens if you like (so you can see it before download it).
Old 11-15-2012   #13
berandyn

http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/cryenb-7-f17902

Was thinking about this one too. Any thought?
Old 11-15-2012   #14
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Looks great, never seen that one before

You can always try out a few different ones until you find one that you like. I'd suggest installing it and playing for a while to see how your game is running. If everything works fine then you can move on to other mods (vehicles, weapons etc).
Old 11-15-2012   #15
berandyn

Yeah, I put all my mods and scripts on at once and then when It was crashing I couldn't figure out what was the problem