Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012   #1
Funkosapien

Funkosapien is on a distinguished roadFunkosapien is on a distinguished roadFunkosapien is on a distinguished road
Can anyone point me to a step by step on how to get the Car mods workin without taxis

Ok first up a bit of info so it's easier for you to help me.

Got the game on steam. Manually downgraded it to 1.0.4.0 utilizing a online guide. then installed latest version of Icehancer. Then installed this car pack (link), downloaded and installed these (link) and different taxi fix's (link) nope, (link) nope, (link) sortof worked but it was basically just taxi's, cop cars and a different other car every 15 seconds, (link) sortof worked but crashed, though I've got a feeling the crash was from something else I did. I've checked it with a trainer. The cars are there, they are simply not spawning. I get a minimum of 40fps when the screen is busy and all settings on ultra with icehancer installed. My computer should be able to handle a crappy car pack. How the fark do I get this working?

I made backups of my GTA directory with a fresh install, after downgrading to 1.0.4.0, after installing icehancer and after installing the car pack and have been fiddling with asi loader/scripthook/traffic fix but no luck. I can restart from any point needing practically only 10 minutes to copy the files back. Normally I just headbutt these sort of things until they work but I've frankly not got time to waste 3 days looking at it at the moment. I got that much on my to do list it's not funny, and wanted to get this prepped n ready so I've got something to relax with.

System specs :
Antec True Power 900w
Asus Sabertooth Z77
intel i7 3770k
16gb 1866mhz RAM
nvidia 660
Windows 8 preview (gonna get full release version soon)

So yeah anyone wanna point me in the right direction as to how to get this working?
Funkosapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Try any of those fixes again with a traffic density below 20

your goal should be to reduce the taxis, you'll probably never solve the problem entirely
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #3
Funkosapien

Funkosapien is on a distinguished roadFunkosapien is on a distinguished roadFunkosapien is on a distinguished road
Was pretty much the same lack of diversity but less cars. I've seen screenshots of it working so I know it's possible. Someone wanna write up a step by step on how they got it working?
Funkosapien is offline   Reply With Quote