Old 10-28-2012   #1
TomReyno

TomReyno is an unknown quantity at this point
Expertise Needed!

Hey everyone, I'm a noob. Only in the sense that as far as GTA goes, I have no idea what I'm doing when installing certain mods etc. Have it on PS3, love it, but love the experience offered on PC with mods. So I have EFLC & GTA installed. Version 1.6 and after messing it up, 3 times, I'd like a bit of help in scripts, which ones to use and how to install them. I dont wanna sound the jerk, I know you must get this alot but I've tried myself, following installation instructions and needed scraping off the floor. So, as said there - I need some helpful person to guide someone attempting to enjoy the game to its fullest!

Thanks in advance!
TomReyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
I'd start with updating your game to 1.0.7.0. after that make sure you have OpenIV or SparkIV (but it's best to have them both).

Those programs are for installing weapons, player items and player models but if you want to install some scripts like you say make sure you have an asiloader and scripthook. There are various asiloaders out there, but to make this as easy as possible just download this (files meant for patch 1.0.7.0. so make sure you got that first):

http://www.mediafire.com/?mkd87cns1jr85cu

It's the simple native trainer with all required files (these files are required for any scriptmod, so if you have them you never need to download them again). You can leave out the trainer.ini and trainer.asi files if you don't want simple native trainer but Id recommend installing it because it's very usefull. It's for spawning cars, changing into different player models, changing clothes/weapons etc etc. Very useful and makes the game alot more fun. To launch it simply press F3 ingame (then use numpad to scroll through).

Just let me know if you run into any problems and I'll try to help you as best as I can
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012   #3
TomReyno

TomReyno is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
I'd start with updating your game to 1.0.7.0. after that make sure you have OpenIV or SparkIV (but it's best to have them both).

Those programs are for installing weapons, player items and player models but if you want to install some scripts like you say make sure you have an asiloader and scripthook. There are various asiloaders out there, but to make this as easy as possible just download this (files meant for patch 1.0.7.0. so make sure you got that first):

http://www.mediafire.com/?mkd87cns1jr85cu

It's the simple native trainer with all required files (these files are required for any scriptmod, so if you have them you never need to download them again). You can leave out the trainer.ini and trainer.asi files if you don't want simple native trainer but Id recommend installing it because it's very usefull. It's for spawning cars, changing into different player models, changing clothes/weapons etc etc. Very useful and makes the game alot more fun. To launch it simply press F3 ingame (then use numpad to scroll through).

Just let me know if you run into any problems and I'll try to help you as best as I can
Thank you! But for some strange reason, GTA is lagging like hell. I've tried the caommandline and the windows config for event collector too. Any good solutions kickin around for this?

Thanks again for your help mate
TomReyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Depends on what's the cause, did you install any big mods yet? Did you play the game prior to installing any mods and was it already lagging back then?

Oh and what are your system specs?
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote