Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012   #61
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Holy shit that stuff looks cool!
Old 11-03-2012   #62
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
I don't understand the point in pre-ordering something that you know they will have plenty of copies of. The last videogame I couldn't get a hold of on launch day was Pokemon Stadium - whenever the heck that came out, I was like 8 or something.

Still, those little viewfinders are pretty cool, and may be good for nostalgia purposes 10 years from now.
I can't understand why you shouldn't pre-order if you know you're going to buy it straight away anyhow. Pre-ordering for the same price, getting the same game and a bunch of extra stuff. So why not?

Even if it's just some added gun in hitman or an extra skin in halo, you'll still end up paying the same price for that game as when you'd buy it at the release date. Most stores don't even require you to pay upfront so there's no negative side to it.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #63
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Why make two transactions when you can make one? I don't know, I guess I just keep things simple.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #64
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Two transactions? what do you mean? you pre-order the game online, on release date it gets delivered at home .. done

you either pay upfront or you pay after recieving the game, that depends on the store you're buying it from.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #65
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Normally I preorder online and just have it delivered on the day but with V I'm going to preorder in a shop and go to a midnight release. I don't see why not preorder, it's minimal effort to insure you get a copy.
Old 11-03-2012   #66
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I always get charged on or around the release if I pre-order. I'm gonna wait and see what different editions there are before pre-ordering.
Old 11-03-2012   #67
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
Two transactions? what do you mean? you pre-order the game online, on release date it gets delivered at home .. done

you either pay upfront or you pay after recieving the game, that depends on the store you're buying it from.
By two transactions, I meant going into the store, pre-ordering and then going back to pick it up when it come out. I don't know how it works where you're from, but when you ask for delivery here it usually takes anywhere from 2 days to a week to arrive, so that's why I don't do it that way.

It just makes no sense to me to reserve a copy of something when there are tonnes of copies still on the shelf, feels like a waste of time.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012   #68
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It just makes no sense to me to reserve a copy of something when there are tonnes of copies still on the shelf, feels like a waste of time.
I do this only for games I absolutely want to play as soon as possible, as I can pick up the game on the way home from work at a midnight release party. One of the benefits of working second shift
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #69
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
Where i live its usually never a hassle to get a game a couple of days early. Im friends of a guy whos little brother works at EB games, I met him around the back of the store, entered the little storage room and there was a pallet of boxes with a sticky note on it saying Grand Theft Auto IV (release date). He grabbed one of the boxes and pulled out a case and gave it to me, we just wrote down the barcode number and he checked it amongst the stock on the release day 4 days after giving it to me. I went in on the release day and gave him $110 for my copy, as id i had just bought it on that day. By this time I had almost finished the game and spent the rest of that day enabling PSN auto login and played multiplayer.

Im intending on doing the same with GTA V if I have the time to kill.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #70
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I'm interested to see what kind of cool stuff comes with the special edition. That is if they have one.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #71
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I hope it's nothing IN game, like when IV came out it had the duffel bag and the keyring and stuff, I don't want to have to preorder or buy special editions for missions/weapons/vehicles and stuff that should be on disc.

That's one of many things I hate about the way the game industry is going.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #72
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
Totally agree. I did like the lockbox and keyring.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #73
TGF
Infinitely Fucked Up

TGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to beholdTGF is a splendid one to behold
Hell I still use the lock box to store stuff, and have the keyring thing on my keychain.

Quote:
If the body did not die, and the fears borne in the mind just continued to pile up, the world would be nothing more than an eternal prison.
TGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012   #74
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
I didn't get the IV special edition, but I'm hoping to get it for V, the way things are looking, it should be pretty cool.

I agree, real life extras are much better than a few extra in-game things that everyone should have access to.
Old 11-04-2012   #75
eli
wolfpvck

eli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond reputeeli has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
By two transactions, I meant going into the store, pre-ordering and then going back to pick it up when it come out. I don't know how it works where you're from, but when you ask for delivery here it usually takes anywhere from 2 days to a week to arrive, so that's why I don't do it that way.

Here you just buy the game online like you normally would. No deposit, just paying for the whole thing. It gets delivered at home on release date. At some stores you can order online and pick it up at the store on release date. At some stores you can buy online and pay within 30 days after receiving the game. I have rarely heard of cases here that you have to pay a small fee beforehand and the rest on release day.