Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012   #91
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
2 discs max for 360.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #92
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if switching players is optional.

Like do you really have to switch to different players to successfully complete a mission?
Old 11-09-2012   #93
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
By the way I've seen things worded, switching characters is completely optional. At least on the missions that all 3 of them are part of (not sure if there's missions with just 1 or 2 of them), the example was you could fly the chopper, snipe from the chopper, or shoot a machine gun from the chopper. So it seems optional to me.
Old 11-09-2012   #94
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillb View Post
By the way I've seen things worded, switching characters is completely optional. At least on the missions that all 3 of them are part of (not sure if there's missions with just 1 or 2 of them), the example was you could fly the chopper, snipe from the chopper, or shoot a machine gun from the chopper. So it seems optional to me.
From what I gathered:

- You can switch at most times during free-roam. I assume you can't if your health is very low or you are being chased by the police.
- Each character has a separate story arc, but there will be a lot of cross-over. There will be missions that Michael completes by himself, then there will be missions that he only has Trevor with him, for example. I like that they won't be all working together all the time.
- It sounds like character switching is something we have to do at points during missions with all 3. There's no mention of what Trevor is doing while Michael assaults the building and Franklin snipes, so I assume we don't have the option of just circling above in a chopper while letting the AI complete the mission. Why someone would want to just wait in the chopper is beyond me though.

This really sounds like something that could work if it's done right, but we really know so little about it at this stage. It'll be nice to have a few more previews/impressions.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012   #95
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the great replies guys.

Professional and very well educated responses...... unlike gtaforums.
Old 11-09-2012   #96
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
Thanks for the great replies guys.

Professional and very well educated responses...... unlike gtaforums.
I'd suggest avoiding gtaforums like the plague and sticking around at good ol' gtagaming. It really is the greatest gta news site with an intellectual community. Most or all of us here are adults, and we've grown up playing GTA games. So we take the series differently than those kids at gtaforums.
Old 11-10-2012   #97
j_harvill

j_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of lightj_harvill is a glorious beacon of light
I agree they are bashing V right now. I am welcome to the change. I agree that some things might be "missing". But they have only released limited information.
j_harvill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #98
JiggyTurtle

JiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enoughJiggyTurtle will become famous soon enough
Rockstar gives us a new (while familiar) experience with each installment of the series. Hell, with every game they build. Change is great when done carefully, and Rockstar takes their time. It's the same reason I enjoy Halo; they improve on it and change up the formula.
JiggyTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #99
lillb
Casual User

lillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant futurelillb has a brilliant future
I'd love for them to have co-op for these missions, but sadly I don't think it would work overall, as victim mentioned, there are some points in the game when only one or two of them are involved.
Old 11-10-2012   #100
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Can people be careful about quoting the alleged size of the map, so far through various mediums I've heard "3 or 4 times the size of GTA IV, RDR, and GTA SA combined!" when the actual quote is closer to "larger than IV, RDR and SA combined, when taking interior locations into account also".

It'll be big, but the chinese whispers effect has already begun, and I don't expect the jump in size to be comparable from GTA 3 to San Andreas if they're taking interior floorspace into the equation.
Old 11-10-2012   #101
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
I hope there's more accessible buildings for online, cause that was always the best.
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #102
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
Can people be careful about quoting the alleged size of the map, so far through various mediums I've heard "3 or 4 times the size of GTA IV, RDR, and GTA SA combined!" when the actual quote is closer to "larger than IV, RDR and SA combined, when taking interior locations into account also".

It'll be big, but the chinese whispers effect has already begun, and I don't expect the jump in size to be comparable from GTA 3 to San Andreas if they're taking interior floorspace into the equation.
Agreed. People need to cool it.
Old 11-10-2012   #103
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Microsoft doesn't allow mandatory installs for 360 games, because that would leave a portion of 360 owners (those with the old HDD-less consoles or the new 4GB console) unable to play the game. This means that only games that have linearly presented content that can be split across multiple discs (like L.A. Noire, Mass Effect 2 and 3) or optional extra content (like cars in Forza 3 and 4 or textures in Battlefield 3 that aren't embarrassing) can be released on more than one disc.
An open-ended game like GTA V can't work with disc swapping in any way, so unless Rockstar is leaving out a part of GTA V's radio, map, or cars to be installed optionally from a second disc (which would be ridiculous), there's no way the game can be released on anything but a single disc for 360.

Last edited by ZCAB; 11-10-2012 at 12:56 PM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #104
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
Microsoft doesn't allow mandatory installs for 360 games, because that would leave a portion of 360 owners (those with the old HDD-less consoles or the new 4GB console) unable to play the game. This means that only games that have linearly presented content that can be split across multiple discs (like L.A. Noire, Mass Effect 2 and 3) or optional extra content (like cars in Forza 3 and 4 or textures in Battlefield 3 that aren't embarrassing) can be released on more than one disc.
An open-ended game like GTA V can't work with disc swapping in any way, so unless Rockstar is leaving out a part of GTA V's radio, map, or cars to be installed optionally from a second disc (which would be ridiculous), there's no way the game can be released on anything but a single disc for 360.
driver 2 had disc swapping

worked pretty decently

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012   #105
Russ
Dats da fact jack!
Amateur Member

Russ is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of lightRuss is a glorious beacon of light
I'm confused a little bit by the multiple protags. Does this chang how the DLC will be presented? Maybe an end to the Stories/Episodes style?
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote