Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012   #31
Tech
Registered User
 
Tech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3
Tech is an unknown quantity at this point
Loving the new GTA screens. Can't wait for the actual game. =D
Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #32
victim
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New South Wales
Posts: 3,305
victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitboor View Post
As the fact that if rockstar decide to making him like as you would say as "some stereotype street gangsta" he's will probably have the same amount of undeserved hate that CJ has go.

also i'll add that, there i'snt also much difference between an gangsta and gangster, since they do almost the same thing the only difference is in the way they operate.
Simply put, CJ was a follower. He always did what the people around him wanted him to do; be it Sweet, Toreno, Tenpenny. He was pushed around constantly and wasn't really ever in control. I wouldn't even describe it as hate.

Did Carl Johnson have ambition? Outside of a desire to free the ghetto from drugs and junkies, I don't think he did. He fell into most of his opportunities through blind luck, never once actively searching for a way to better himself. Going back to my example of 'gangster,' Stringer Bell is described as "ruthless and completely devoted to his work, eliminating threats to [his organization] as soon as they appear. Stringer's ambitions can be seen as a mirror of capitalism played out in the urban underclass."

There is the stark difference between a gangsta and a gangster. A gangsta has a devil-may-care approach while a gangster has a reason for the things they do. Compare Scarface to Doughboy from 'Boys n the Hood' for another example. Gangsters are defined by their ambition.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #33
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █
 
Xan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 4,587
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitboor View Post
As the fact that if rockstar decide to making him like as you would say as "some stereotype street gangsta" he's will probably have the same amount of undeserved hate that CJ has go.


also i'll add that, there i'snt also much difference between an gangsta and gangster, since they do almost the same thing the only difference is in the way they operate.
One is semi retarded and the other acts like he had a proper education, homie.
__________________
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #34
keitboor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
keitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these partskeitboor is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenotsogoodtrickster View Post
In this instance, "gangsta" is being referred to in the same way CJ goes on. How he speaks, how he goes on, living in the ghetto, being g, petty crimes and all that stuff.

I assume when "gangster" is mentioned, they mean it in the sense where the gangster is brutal, but also intelligent, powerful (both phsically and otherwise), and basically isn't a little bitch.
So to you, every gangsta are "little bitch" that have an strong language and does live in the ghetto all the times ?

No offense but i think you have a LOT to learn about them, and i think if one time you have nothing to do, i respecfully suggest to search (google it for exemple) some great (quality) documentary about the "street gang" (or "gangsta").




Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
Simply put, CJ was a follower. He always did what the people around him wanted him to do; be it Sweet, Toreno, Tenpenny. He was pushed around constantly and wasn't really ever in control. I wouldn't even describe it as hate.

Did Carl Johnson have ambition? Outside of a desire to free the ghetto from drugs and junkies, I don't think he did. He fell into most of his opportunities through blind luck, never once actively searching for a way to better himself. Going back to my example of 'gangster,' Stringer Bell is described as "ruthless and completely devoted to his work, eliminating threats to [his organization] as soon as they appear. Stringer's ambitions can be seen as a mirror of capitalism played out in the urban underclass."

There is the stark difference between a gangsta and a gangster. A gangsta has a devil-may-care approach while a gangster has a reason for the things they do. Compare Scarface to Doughboy from 'Boys n the Hood' for another example. Gangsters are defined by their ambition.
i think there is an misunderstanding heres, i wasn't really talking that character of "the wire" but more of the "afro-american" guy (or black guy for better understanding), so i reinterpret what i said before.

If the guy from we see actually at the screenshot is an "gangsta" rather than an "gangster", it's very obvious (from my point of view) that's he will get the same amounts of hate that CJ has go.

and then what you say about CJ is irrevelent, did you actually really followed the story correctly ? from what i see not so much, and honestly i have seen too much opinion like yours, it's problably your opinion but from all the things i have seen about that, it does look exactly the same as the ones that i've seen before.

And let me say that, warning spoiler :

From all the argument they had against CJ, the most popular one among CJ haters is, without a doubt, the incidence where he begs Catalina not to shoot him. This is taken as proof that he was scared of dying, disregarding the possibility that CJ might be simply putting on a scared lover-boy act to get in her good books. Considering how Catalina was the only and most important source of money (that CJ was in desperate need of), that was a smart move IMO. Also, their belief contradicts with the scene where he asks Toreno to just kill him when he finds out that he is alive. Not to mention, the incidence where a suspicious T-Bone Mendez holds him at gunpoint and persuades CJ to tell him the truth with CJ successfully managing to fool T-Bone into believing that his suspicions were wrong. Him being scared of Catalina is also contradicted when he mouths her off after beating Claude in the race.

And much like you, an another favorite argument among of CJ haters is the fact that CJ was pushed around by Tenpenny. They claim all this and never seem to realize that CJ worked for him only because CRASH had held Sweet hostage in prison. His one move of defiance could mean tons of suffering inflicted on Sweet.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
One is semi retarded and the other acts like he had a proper education, homie.
Semi retarded by mean ?

If you post while engaging an conversation with someone other,while not giving an real explanation with it ?, too lazy maybe ?

also like i said on my previous post that was more or less misunderstanded (and above in this post), i don't necessary talked about that character of "the wire", but more of the guy in the screenshot.

I hope you understand, my friend.
keitboor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #35
Gui
meh...
Regular Member
 
Gui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portugal
Posts: 297
Gui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura aboutGui has a spectacular aura about
I have no problems with San Andreas gangsta theme, especially when more than half of the GTA franchise is based on mafia themes or some other form of organized crime. San Andreas felt fresh.

And i like CJ, he just wanted to clean the place where he grew up and avenge his mom's death. The dude has heart, no doubt about it and that's what makes him a deeper character than the usual money chasing, emotionless criminal in my opinion.

Sometimes i feel like people hate on CJ just because of the way he and other San Andreas characters talk and their use of slang and that shouldn't be confused with poorly written characters.

Nice screenshots btw

Last edited by Gui; 08-25-2012 at 04:25 PM..
Gui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #36
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █
 
Xan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 4,587
Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Semi retarded by mean ?

If you post while engaging an conversation with someone other,while not giving an real explanation with it ?, too lazy maybe ?

also like i said on my previous post that was more or less misunderstanded (and above in this post), i don't necessary talked about that character of "the wire", but more of the guy in the screenshot.

I hope you understand, my friend.
I mean one is semi retarded and the other one actually looks like he has a education.

Example:

Gangsta:


Gangster:



Let's be honest, I'd rather play the nice, educated gentleman in a suit rather than someone who would fail in a popularity contest versus a silver toaster. Let me have a black man, who might or might not be poor but isn't a complete hood rat for once.
__________________
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #37
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member
 
Killerfist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,552
Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Gangsta's are basically the lowlives you see on any given prison program on national geographic (making all the funny hand gestures )

It does look like the black guy in the pics has baggy clothing so we're not off to a good start, but you'll probably have some customisation options once he works his way up in the food chain.

God I hope they leave out the flashy chains and pimp clothing
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #38
codman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 301
codman will become famous soon enoughcodman will become famous soon enoughcodman will become famous soon enoughcodman will become famous soon enoughcodman will become famous soon enoughcodman will become famous soon enoughcodman will become famous soon enough
Flashy chains and pimp clothing is fine with me, so long as its optional.
__________________
R]
codman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #39
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member
 
thenotsogoodtrickster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 891
thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by keitboor View Post
So to you, every gangsta are "little bitch" that have an strong language and does live in the ghetto all the times ?

No offense but i think you have a LOT to learn about them, and i think if one time you have nothing to do, i respecfully suggest to search (google it for exemple) some great (quality) documentary about the "street gang" (or "gangsta").

i think there is an misunderstanding heres, i wasn't really talking that character of "the wire" but more of the "afro-american" guy (or black guy for better understanding), so i reinterpret what i said before.

If the guy from we see actually at the screenshot is an "gangsta" rather than an "gangster", it's very obvious (from my point of view) that's he will get the same amounts of hate that CJ has go.

and then what you say about CJ is irrevelent, did you actually really followed the story correctly ? from what i see not so much, and honestly i have seen too much opinion like yours, it's problably your opinion but from all the things i have seen about that, it does look exactly the same as the ones that i've seen before.

And let me say that, warning spoiler :

From all the argument they had against CJ, the most popular one among CJ haters is, without a doubt, the incidence where he begs Catalina not to shoot him. This is taken as proof that he was scared of dying, disregarding the possibility that CJ might be simply putting on a scared lover-boy act to get in her good books. Considering how Catalina was the only and most important source of money (that CJ was in desperate need of), that was a smart move IMO. Also, their belief contradicts with the scene where he asks Toreno to just kill him when he finds out that he is alive. Not to mention, the incidence where a suspicious T-Bone Mendez holds him at gunpoint and persuades CJ to tell him the truth with CJ successfully managing to fool T-Bone into believing that his suspicions were wrong. Him being scared of Catalina is also contradicted when he mouths her off after beating Claude in the race.

And much like you, an another favorite argument among of CJ haters is the fact that CJ was pushed around by Tenpenny. They claim all this and never seem to realize that CJ worked for him only because CRASH had held Sweet hostage in prison. His one move of defiance could mean tons of suffering inflicted on Sweet.


Semi retarded by mean ?

If you post while engaging an conversation with someone other,while not giving an real explanation with it ?, too lazy maybe ?

also like i said on my previous post that was more or less misunderstanded (and above in this post), i don't necessary talked about that character of "the wire", but more of the guy in the screenshot.

I hope you understand, my friend.
Genuine question, do you see yourself as a gangsta? Is this why you're taking so much offense? Are you also the guy who emailed me calling me raacist because I posted saying I didn't like CJ? I never got to the bottom of that last one.

CJ, and the whole theme of gangstas in San Andreas. They all struck me as little bitches. The storyline was ridiculous. Ryder and Sweet were the biggest bitches of all. The entire dialogue of "homie" and what have you, was repetitive and boring.

And maybe a lot of people have this opinion, not because the majority have, or maybe because everyone genuinely believes the same thing? Just because people disagree with you, it doesn't mean they're wrong.

Also, carefully re-read my post. Tell me where it says every gangsta is a little bitch. Point it out, highlight it, and explain how I said it. I think you'll find that I used the term gangsta only to describe the characters in San Andreas.

Also, all my opinion.
__________________
>tfw no signature

Last edited by thenotsogoodtrickster; 08-26-2012 at 02:26 AM..
thenotsogoodtrickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52 PM.