Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto Mods > Grand Theft Auto IV Mods
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012   #1
Trans-Am_

Trans-Am_ is on a distinguished roadTrans-Am_ is on a distinguished roadTrans-Am_ is on a distinguished roadTrans-Am_ is on a distinguished road
Will 2GB of VRAM solve my "disappear textures" problem ?

Hi, I have a 380 MB vehicles.img and I use TrafficLoad, so the roads (or even the whole city !) are often partially missing...

My current video card is a 1GB HD4890.
Do you think the problem will be totally gone with a card with at least 2GB of video RAM ? (RAM should not be a problem, I have 8GB)

Thanks
Trans-Am_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #2
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Try removing trafficload, I know you'll have a shitload of taxis but your dissapearing textures problem will probably be gone

I have 4GB ram myself and had the same problem as you (sometimes even disappearing buildings, which would re-appear when you'd come close to them).

- Edit- Oh wait you meant videocard memory, well I don't know about that but 1GB should be enough. Just try removing trafficload and trying a different taxi-bug fix if that indeed solves the problem
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012   #3
Trans-Am_

Trans-Am_ is on a distinguished roadTrans-Am_ is on a distinguished roadTrans-Am_ is on a distinguished roadTrans-Am_ is on a distinguished road
Ok, thanks !

I removed TrafficLoad and no more missing textures !
But I didn't find a good replacement for it.
Old 08-24-2012   #4
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
You could try TrafficControlSystem by daedaelus (I think you can find that one on gtapolicemods.com but you'll need to register).

I also found this link on mediafire which has an archive with almost every taxibugfix in it (including trafficcontrolsystem)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8do800me8tgvpx1

Don't use them all at once, just try one and if that doesn't do the trick try the next. I'd start with trafficcontrolsystem. Also, make sure you have your traffic density (in the menu) on 20 or lower, most taxibug fixes don't work for a higher density. If that together with a fix does the trick you can always try setting it higher later.
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #5
Trans-Am_

Hi,

TrafficControlSystem (not the beta) in the pack is a good compromise for me : there are still lots of taxis (not so much with ~20/100 traffic density) but there is a good variety for the rest cars.
Low textures appears from time to time now but it's not very annoying.

Thanks !!

One question : is there a way to prevent some certain vehicles from appearing in the traffic ? (now I have some Laudromat Burritos, Mule, Boxville, etc. which are not replaced with high quality models)