Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto V
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012   #31
Lukeyy19
Sophisticated Silliness
Addicted Member

Lukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to beholdLukeyy19 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
I miss the Scottish plaid parachute.

Customizable parachutes or bust, R*!
If it was EA or Activision, you know that'd be some day 1 DLC right there.
Old 08-24-2012   #32
THB

THB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enoughTHB will become famous soon enough
The graphics has improved

THB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #33
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Sure it has, but I have a feeling that the screenshots they releasing are in fact uglier than the actual ingame. It's not something you notice on every screenshot, but mostly it's that washed out jitteryness on distant objects and trees. A lot of older games did distance rendering much more beautifully. It was the same deal with GTAIV, almost a cartoony overlay.

Last edited by Xan; 08-24-2012 at 06:47 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #34
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
Most games look better moving than in screenshots these days. There are just so many little effects that improve the moving graphics, but barely show up in screenshots. Other important aspects of a game's look, like animation or physics quality, can't be captured in a still screenshot either.
Then there's the effects that can be unsightly when captured in a single frame, but look good in motion. Take wednesday's dirtbike screen, for example. You can see a plain ghastly bloom sphere in the sky on the left, but if you saw that scene in motion you wouldn't even notice it because the effect would have corrected itself in a few frames.
To top it all off, a compressed screenshot will always exaggerate blemishes like aliasing, and decrease the quality of textures and texture filtering. I'm pretty optimistic about how this game will look, and I don't even think the screenshots look that bad.

Last edited by Offended_by_Everything; 08-24-2012 at 07:31 AM..
Offended_by_Everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #35
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
for some reason I'm really drawn to the detail on the tires of the dirtbike
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #36
icebreaker202

icebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enoughicebreaker202 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver65 View Post
for some reason I'm really drawn to the detail on the tires of the dirtbike
Me too lol. I love it.
icebreaker202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #37
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
It's the same as Gta 4

I'm really curious how Gta 5 will look on PC, and if they're going to release it simultanously on console and PC (probably not)
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #38
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

AUS 29 April 2008

EU 29 April 2008

NA 29 April 2008

JP 30 October 2008

Microsoft Windows

NA 2 December 2008[2]
EU 3 December 2008[2]
AUS 3 December 2008[2]

JP 20 March 2009
Damn, forgot how long I was waiting for a PC release
Old 08-27-2012   #39
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Gta 4 release dates right?

Yeah they've always released the pc version later, but I remember San andreas pc version taking even longer then that. So I hope for once they release it simultanously, I'm afraid I'm going to buy it twice if not (xbox360 + PC).
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #40
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

As far as my opinion is regarding the ports of pretty much all the mainstream GTA titles, they were pretty good.

Sure, GTAIV needed a beast of a rig to be playable in the beginning, making Crysis look like a tinker toy in comparison. But it wasn't unplayable or super clunky with a mouse+keyboard. You had decent graphic settings and the game for the most part actually worked. If they need a few months time to make the PC version like it should be, then they should take it. Because god knows consoles scale down the play field when it comes to a PC platform. Sorry, several years of no hardware advancements means you've just been road killed by time itself. You can't find a good reason or proper justification for having the same hardware for a ungodly amount of time in the technology scene.

If you want to see what a shitty port looks like, take a look at Dark Souls for PC. 1024x720 at 30FPS. Locked. You can set the resolution to 1920x1080 but it's still rendering at a puny 720p res. Devs said it was impossible to remove the framelock, there is a patch already that jumps in between the game and the gpu to make it output proper 1920x1080 with a slew of improvements. On the other hand everything is still bambaclot ugly due to the texture size, UI elements look abysmal. Keyboard and mouse controls are apparently jumbled to hell, but I can't confirm how bad it is because I didn't have a interest in playing it either way. Unplayable? No. Fucking disappointing? Yes. Will many people over-react and completely boycott the dev that made the port? Sure, plenty of people looking for a grudge out there.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. If you think Dark Souls has only problems with graphics and control schemes, oh boy. They use Games for Windows Live as protection and etc for online. GFWL. Cheat Engine works on Dark Souls, and that's considered to be babies first cheat tool. This basically means anybody, including a 12 year old with basic logic functions can max out all his char stats and vaporize you completely. This works btw, people are getting Invaded by demigod players who are completely unkillable, first fucking day.

Take your time and do it properly, or the community will hate you for it.

Last edited by Xan; 08-27-2012 at 12:42 PM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012   #41
thenotsogoodtrickster
late on the feels
Loyal Member

thenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to beholdthenotsogoodtrickster is a splendid one to behold
I don't know how it works in developing games, but I always had the impression it would be easier to make for the PC and then port it to the 360 and PS3, no? Because the method of outsourcing the porting to PC has, in history, proven to be a bit of a "fuck you" to PC gamers.
Old 08-27-2012   #42
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

PC to 360 and vice versa is easier than porting to or from PS3. I don't know how much the situation improved for the PS3 but apparently it was really difficult in the beginning. I'm sure by now all the major used Engines/SDK's have gotten their shit together and improved the development experience for PS3.

It helps when the company (Microsoft) that makes your console (360) also makes a operating system that uses the same in house created multimedia API on PC (DirectX). It sure as hell helps when you've got a foot in the door.

A engine built from the ground up to run on a console or set of consoles could be a nightmare to port over and optimize for PC. A engine built to run on multiplatform from the get go like the Unreal engine makes it a ton more easier. So difficulty also depends on the developer in the end.
Old 09-06-2012   #43
Push
Softcore Gamer

Push is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished roadPush is on a distinguished road
Is anyone else like me scared to hell what the system requirements will be for GTA V. I mean GTA IV came out like in 2008 and still it is the game that has the highest system requirements for it to run smoothly on max settings that I know of.
Old 09-06-2012   #44
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
Yeah but, I think it was more of an optimization issue, I feel like EFLC ran a lot better than the stock game did. I could be totally wrong though.
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote