Join Date: Jul 2011
Any Weapon Model Tut's/Converting?
Hello Everyone since my time being and downloading and installing mods I really want to make some of my own you know, weapon mods most of all I have alot in mind. and possibly know where I can get the models if anyone could help me in anyway it doesn't matter how I would be really appreciated.
I have seen 2 tuts on youtube but there outdated and don't go into great detail Please Can someone help
Forum Tut new Video Anything Thanks
If you wish to help me there thanks
Join Date: May 2011
I made one a few weeks back
But you'll need autodesk 3ds max for it, you can do it with autodesk alone (which I've been doing recently) but back when I made this tutorial that didn't work yet.
You can get weapon models on sites like gamebanana.com (make sure you ask permission to use the model). Converting those CSS weapons (from gamebanana.com) require a little work to get them in the right formats :
- First download Crafty http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=46 and VTFEdit http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=41 (the installer on both is easiest)
- Download CSS weapons from gamebanana.com
- You should have a models and materials folder
- Open up the w_.. with Crafty (w=world model, if you open up the v_.. you'll also see the arms which we don't want) and hit export (under file)
- Now you should probably open it up with either zmodeler or autodesk 3ds max to remove any attachment that you don't want
- For the textures you have to open up the materials folder and browse to the v_model folder
- Open up the VTF's (valve texture files) with VTFEdit and export those to a format you like (PNG,TGA or JPG)
- You won't need the VMF's those are only info files (don't contain any picture)
It is recommended to use Autodesk to assign the texture maps and change the orientation of the weapon
Last edited by Killerfist; 08-18-2012 at 10:19 AM..
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|