Old 08-15-2013   #631
123roach
n00b13

123roach is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the purples is caused by the model. I made an M4 ACOG for my pals before and it had some whites everywhere. Then i changed the model and it looks fine.

Last edited by 123roach; 08-15-2013 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: None.
123roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #632
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

AgenBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123roach View Post
I think the purples is caused by the model. I made an M4 ACOG for my pals before and it had some whites everywhere. Then i changed the model and it looks fine.
Dafuq
I'm pretty sure killerfist used the same model for his previous HK416 with short barrel. I used it and no purple spots showed up
AgenBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #633
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Nah that was a different model, you can tell by the front-side and the barrel

but I'll send you a different one, if that doesn't work I'll just find a different model again.

- edit- Yeah it's definitely the model, I tried retexturing it but same result, so I'll get a different model. I did replace the eotech and that looks alot better now.

and I just checked, that hk416 I made before (which you mentioned) is indeed the same model (you're right) but upon closer inspection it looks like that gun suffers from the same issues, you just haven't spot them. It's got the same exact purple spots in the same exact places. I'm afraid I can't do much about that, almost every hk416 on gamebanana originates from the same source which is Twinke masta's hk416 model.. the one I used here. Other than that there are some other less qualitative models out there.

If you want I can use a M4 model instead of an hk416, it's more or less the same gun

Last edited by Killerfist; 08-15-2013 at 02:35 PM..
Killerfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #634
123roach
n00b13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfist View Post
Nah that was a different model, you can tell by the front-side and the barrel

but I'll send you a different one, if that doesn't work I'll just find a different model again.

- edit- Yeah it's definitely the model, I tried retexturing it but same result, so I'll get a different model. I did replace the eotech and that looks alot better now.

and I just checked, that hk416 I made before (which you mentioned) is indeed the same model (you're right) but upon closer inspection it looks like that gun suffers from the same issues, you just haven't spot them. It's got the same exact purple spots in the same exact places. I'm afraid I can't do much about that, almost every hk416 on gamebanana originates from the same source which is Twinke masta's hk416 model.. the one I used here. Other than that there are some other less qualitative models out there.

If you want I can use a M4 model instead of an hk416, it's more or less the same gun
You wanna use the model i found on google some time ago? It's on my post, but i dunno which page.....
Old 08-15-2013   #635
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123roach View Post
You wanna use the model i found on google some time ago? It's on my post, but i dunno which page.....
Is it a HK416 too?
Old 08-15-2013   #636
123roach
n00b13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgenBlaze View Post
Is it a HK416 too?
Yep! But it has something below the mags that looks like a triangle.
Maybe it's the MagPul you're talking about?

Last edited by 123roach; 08-15-2013 at 11:42 PM.. Reason: None, as usual.
123roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013   #637
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Ah good lord. I just fixed the problem on the model you sent. It's just texture problem,nothing else
Here's the updated textures: http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/51495867/file.html
If you want all normal maps for all the textures,I'll gladly send them
Old 08-16-2013   #638
123roach
n00b13

Quote:
Ah good lord. I just fixed the problem on the model you sent. It's just texture problem,nothing else
Oh, well. I'm off, then.
Old 08-16-2013   #639
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Killerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to beholdKillerfist is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Awesome, what exactly was the problem? were there actual purple spots on the texture maps?

Anyhow.. could you do me a favor then, this is the latest model I made for ya (with the 45degree rail up front added and the different eotech):

http://www.mediafire.com/?4srx9bksnmhasv8

Could you put those fixed texture maps in that .wtd to replace the original ones? Then send it back to me, I quite like how it turned out so I wouldn't mind having it for myself too.
Old 08-16-2013   #640
123roach
n00b13

Quote:
Awesome, what exactly was the problem? were there actual purple spots on the texture maps?

Anyhow.. could you do me a favor then, this is the latest model I made for ya (with the 45degree rail up front added and the different eotech):

Could you put those fixed texture maps in that .wtd to replace the original ones? Then send it back to me, I quite like how it turned out so I wouldn't mind having it for myself too.
Gimme a copy too! That gun looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 08-16-2013   #641
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:

Yes,apparently it's the textures that's fucked up. Not the gun itself. Probably some glitch while exporting from .vtf to png. I'll reupload a fixed version. Oh,you might wanna make a new icon though,since the textures are a bit different

I fixed it along with a few stuffs. I am currently making a tan version
Here it is(with tan version): http://www25.zippyshare.com/v/17495263/file.html

I hope you can make updated icons for both though. Feel free to edit the textures if there's anything that's mismatched or sth like that(especially tan version since I just put various tan textures into the gun.

Last edited by AgenBlaze; 08-16-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Old 08-16-2013   #642
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

Tan version looks really nice, good job

Here are your icons, use OpenIV and just select replace on the current icon (SparkIV doesn't allow you to change resolution so it'll lose quality if you use that).

Old 08-16-2013   #643
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
Tan version looks really nice, good job

Here are your icons, use OpenIV and just select replace on the current icon (SparkIV doesn't allow you to change resolution so it'll lose quality if you use that).

Thanks man
Are you gonna upload it on 4-mods too?
I actually used a tan-ish eotech but it didn't matched the rest of the tan parts so removed it :/
Old 08-16-2013   #644
Killerfist
Arms Dealer
Addicted Member

No problem, I hope you'll enjoy

I'm not going to upload it but feel free to upload it yourself if you think other people will enjoy it
Old 08-16-2013   #645
AgenBlaze
Noob Drifter
Banned

Quote:
No problem, I hope you'll enjoy

I'm not going to upload it but feel free to upload it yourself if you think other people will enjoy it
Well I'll probably upload it later but first i need to gather credits and screenshots. So yeah